Chapter 27: Ignorance and Despair

Ignorance and Despair

Maddox's POV

"F*ck it!" I screamed punching the wall in front of me. I was about to do it again when Justin stopped me.

"Dude you're just hurting yourself." He whispered while one of his hand was on my shoulder.

"Dammit! It's really over now, isn't it?"

I watch El with teary eyes as she walked away. Luke followed right after her and I know she's crying. She had her hand over her mouth and her shoulders were shaking.

"What have I done?!" I clutched my head. It seems like my world has been torn apart.

It wasn't my intention to say those words to El. The two days without her was hell. Kaya ngayong araw nagdecide akong bawiin siya. I looked for her everywhere to apologize to whatever I had done and ask her to come back pero nang makita ko sila ni Luke ay nagdilim na ang paningin ko.

The f*cker was touching her, caressing her cheeks and then it just happened. My mind was clouded with anger and all I wanted was to hurt him. Then El went to his side, protected him from me. It was f*cking painful. It was like I was stabbed in the heart.

Hindi ko alam kung ano na ang nagyari. Lahat na ng klaseng bagay ay pumasok sa isip ko sa sobrang galit. Alam kong nasaktan ko si El sa lahat ng mga nasabi ko pero hindi ko sinasadya. Natauhan ako bigla nang sampalin niya ako.

Nasaktan talaga ako nang bigla nalang siyang nakipag-hiwalay sa akin. Kaya nang makita ko saling magkasama ni Luke ay gusto ko ding iparamdam sa kanya ang sakit na idinulot niya sa akin. Hindi ko naman alam na pagsisisihan ko din ang lahat ng sinabi ko. Hindi lang si El ang nasaktan ko kundi patin na rin ako.

Seeing her cry because of me is indeed very painful. Her eyes when she slapped me were filled with hurt and disappointment. Like she couldn't believe the words she just heard.

It's true. We both know she's far from being a slut and a bitch. Kahit ako ay nagulat din sa mga nasabi ko. I never thought that I would say that to her or to any girl. I actually deserve more than just a slap from her.

Hindi ko alam kung gaano ako katagal na naka-upo sa sahig. Wala na akong paki-alam sa ibang mga estudyanteng dumadaan hanggang sa may nag-angat sa akin mula sa kina-uupuan ko.

"Bro, what the hell happened to you?" Sky studied me with pity. "Justin called me. Hindi ko naman in-expect na ganito pala ang madadatnan ko."

I only looked at my cousin lazily.

"She left me, bro." I chuckled but a tear escaped my eye.

Sky only sighed and guided me out of the school. "You know what? It's just a girl, bro. Alam ko kung ano ang pwede mong gawin para makalimutan mo siya."

"She's not just any girl. She's my girl."

"Alright, I will not argue with that. Mukhang tinamaan ka na nga yata." Sambit ni Sky. "Let's go. Tonight you'll forget about her."

"Never." I whispered.

Sinama ako ni Sky sa isang party at umupo sa isang round table. He took drinks for the two of us and I wasted no time in grabbing one bottle. We used to go to parties together but I stopped when I met El and now that she's gone, I'm back here again. Tonight, I'm going to get wasted and hopefully forget about her even just for a night.

"I know this won't change a thing but it will at least help you forget about that heartache for a moment!" Sky screamed through the blasting music.

This place was filled with college students. Most of them, I recognised from school but a lot where strangers to me.

It only took me a minute to finish my first drink and then grabbed another one. Sky left me alone in the table as I watched him walked away and approach a girl from a distance. I watched as my cousin asked the girl for a dance and whisper something in her ears. The girl suddenly slapped him from whatever he said and Sky had a surprise look in his face as he caressed his cheek.