Chapter 38: Let's make a Family

Let's make a Family

Penelope's POV

I sat awkwardly at the dining table with Maddox beside me and my grandparents in front of me. My granny had a smile on her face as she look at Maddox.

Maddox cleared his throat who obviously noticed the awkwardness of the room. "Good evening. I'm am Maddox Preston. Nice to meet you, sir, maam."

"Drop the fomality, iho. Just call me lola."

"I know you." Maya-maya ay sambit ni lolo. "I think I've seen you in the front cover of the magazines that Penelope is collecting. Now I see, kung bakit napaka-rami niyang magazines na ikaw ang cover."

"Lo. Can you not tell him about that?" Sita ko kay lolo na namula ang pisngi.

Grandma laughed and added, "Yeah I remember one time when I cleaned her room and I happen to throw them all out. Penelope threw a fit and I ended up buying her these magazines again."

"Can we not talk about me, please?" I begged while Maddox looked at me with a smirk.

"You don't need those anymore. You have the real thing right here." He smirked and put his arm around my shoulder as I playfuly punched his chest.

We almost forgot that my grandparents are with us until my grandma chuckled.

"Aren't they cute? We used to be like that." My grandma turned to my grandpa.

"Yes. I remember.' Grandpa smiled, reminiscing the old days.

Pinagmasdan ko ang lolo at lola ko. Ganito din kaya kami ni Maddox kapag kami tumanda na? Are we still this sweet towards each other? Pagbaling ko kay Maddox ay may ngiti din ito sa labi habang pinagmamasdan sila. His eyes and the smirk on his lips said it all, that we are still definitely happy together after all the years that will pass.

"So, anong balak niyong dalawa?" Maya-maya ay tanong ni lolo habang kumakain kami ng dinner.

Before answering, Maddox grabbed my hand from under the table and squeezed it. "Iyon po sana ang ipapa-alam ko. I would like to take Penelope with me back to the Philippines. Sana po payagan niyo siyang sumama sakin. I've been living without her for the past five years, I don't think I can leave her her."

"Kung mahal niyo talaga ang isat-isa, wala naman kaming magagawa. Si Penelope parin ang magdidisisyon at susuportahan ko ang ano mang desisyon niya." Sambit ni lola.

"Kelan ba ang balik mo sa Pinas, iho?' Tanong ni lolo.

"Sa Martes na po." Magalang na sagot ni Maddox.

"Sa Martes na pala. Tatlong araw nalang. How about your work, Penelope. Did you inform Niko about it?"

"Yung nga po lolo. I'm planning to call him later. And about finding him a replacement, I don't think I can do it until Monday. So baka sumunod nalang ako kay Maddox kapag naayos ko na ang lahat dito." Sagot ko, and from my peripheral vision, I saw Maddox look at me and felt his hold on my hand tightened.

"Ganon' ba. I'm sure you'll figure it out."

Maddox cleared his throat and said, "Do you mind if I take Penelope to my apartment tonight?"

"Of course, iho. Hindi mo na kailangang ipaalam yan. I know how much you've missed each other. Penelope was a wrecked woman she first came her, and now that you're finally together, I can see hoe much she had changed." Sagot ni lola.

"Thank you po." Sagot ni Maddox.

After dinner and washing the dishes, I found Maddox in my room with my luggage on my bed. Kasalukuyan siyang naglalagay ng mga damit dito.