Chapter 13: Promises

Penelope's POV

I woke up from the constant feeling of someone trailing small kisses on my neck. Snuggling closer to the warm body beside me, I sighed at the security it made me feel. The deep chuckle from the person beside me made me bolt up from my sleep.

"Anong problema?" Nakakunot-nuong tanong sa'kin ni Maddox nang bigla akong bumangon. Wait, Maddox?! What is he doing here?

Ang mga mata nito ay unti-unting lumalakbay sa hubad kong katawan. Ang kumot na nakapatong sa akin ay unti-unting dumada-usdos hanggang sa aking bewang, showing my naked chest. Agad kong hinala ang kumot at dali-daling tinakpan ang aking katawan mula sa mapanuyang mga mata ni Maddox.

Maddox grabbed the alarm clock on the bed side table and groaned. "Go back to sleep, baby. It's still early."

I was still in daze when his long arms wrapped around my waist and pulled be back down beside him.

"What am I doing here?" I asked him with a puzzled look.

"Don't tell me you don't remember what happened last night." He scowled and the memories from last night slowly flooded me.

I gasped covering my mouth in shock, "We did it again."

"Yes, we made love over and over again last night. At 'wag mong sabihin sa'kin na nakalimutan mo ring sinagot mo na ako kagabi." As a reflex, his arm snaked around my waist and pulled me possessively towards his body. "You're mine now. Nothing can change that. You can never get rid of me, El."

"I-" My sentence was cut off when he changed our position, forcing my legs to straddle his waist, hes hard on poking inside my bare thigh.

"How can you forget so easily? Am I not good enough? Was he better than me? Did he made you scream louder than me?" His grip on my waist tightened almost painfully.

Something changed with Maddox. I can see the torment in his eyes. But most of all, I saw something that had my nerves on edge, jealousy. Hindi ko alam kung ano ang ibig sabihin nito at kung sino ba ang tinutukoy nito.

"What are you talking about, Maddox?" I asked looking down at him, his blazing eyes held me captive. "Have I done something wrong? Bakit ka ba nagagalit?"

"Be honest with me, El. Did you sleep with Luke?" He spat with pure hatred.

"What?!" Nanlaki ang mga mata ko sa narinig. Hindi ako makapaniwala sa tanong niya. He must be thinking I'm cheating on him but I've never even considered Luke in that way. Even if I did sleep with Luke, it's not cheating since I wasn't Maddox's girlfriend until last night.

"Just answer my f*cking question, goddamnit!!" He cursed.

"Oh my god! No!"

"F*ck! I thought I was going insane just thinking of someone else with you." His arms covered his eyes in frustration, shielding his gaze from me.

Inalis ko ang aking mga kamay mula sa pagkakapatong sa diddib nito na para bang napaso. I can't believe he think of me that lowly. Na papatulan ko kung sino-sino lang diyan. Yes, I did ask him for a one night stand but it was in other circumstances. But it doesn't mean sleeping with different guys is fine with me.

"I can't believe you think of me that way!" I snapped and tried to get off him when his rough hands stopped my legs from moving away from him.

"I'm sorry." He whispered, his gaze filled with guilty and relief. "You were with him the other night and he was talking about licking and slurping and you getting wet. He said he enjoyed his night with you. Dammnit! I thought you slept with that a$$hole. F*ck, the thought drove me f*cking insane."