Chapter 20: Buffet at the Griffith's

Buffet at the Griffith's

After my last subject, I found Maddox standing right next to my room, waiting. He approached me with a smile and pecked my lips. My classmates in this subject were kind of shock at Maddox's affection as they're still not used to the idea of me and Maddox being together. Well, I'm not used to it myself.

I wasn't used to it yet-him showing affection towards me in front of other people and them, judging us and girls, giving me envious looks. I've always been in the background after all.

Maddox doesn't look like the kind of guy to be sweet with a girl. Sure, I've seen him with different women before but those women were always the first to show interest on him and he'll mostly dumped them afterwards. You see, he have the reputation of a heartbreaker but his past was never an issue to me. What important is the present.

Maddox noticed my discomfort and stopped walking. "Something's wrong. What is it?"

Releasing a loud sigh, I didn't have to tell him anything, he always seemed to know if something's up. "I'm just not used to this arrangement. Dont worry, it's no big deal."

"Arrangement? You mean, our relationship?" His arm around me tightened and I felt his body tense beside me. "This is a big deal to me, El. You're not sure of this relationship, are you? Why? Because of the people around us? Who cares of what they think?! Ang mahalaga masaya tayo at mahal natin ang isat-isa. That's all that matters. Or perhaps you're ashamed of me. Is it because of my past-"

"No, definitely not." I said cutting him off. "I love you, okay? For what you are and what you've done in the past doesn't matter to me. I know we've had this same conversation before and I'm sorry. I'm sorry for being such a drama queen. I'm just not used to having all eyes on me."

He was about to say something but I cut him off again.

"How can I not be proud of you? Ikaw lang naman ang nag-iisang Maddox Preston sa mundong ito. You have the brains, the face, the body, a leader, magaling pa sa sport at higit sa lahat wagas kung magmahal. You're definitely a guy with a total package."

His lips curved into a wide grin as he cupped my face. "Sasabog na yata ang puso ko. I don't think I can take anymore compliments."

His eyes showed pure happiness and I bet my eyes were the same. Maddox must've been a womanizer, a jackass, a jealous guy with anger issues but despite all these flaws, for me, he's still the perfect guy in my eyes.

↭↭↭↭↭↭

"Jeremy called." Anunsiyo ko nang makalabas si Maddox sa banyo, may twalya na nakabalot sa bewang nito.

Sumeryoso ang mukha nito at bumagsak ang balikat nang marinig ang pangalan ni Jeremy.

"Anong kailangan niya?"

"He's inviting us for dinner tonight."

"Tell him you're not going." Utos ni Maddox na pumasok sa walk in closet upang magbihis.

Pagbalik nito ay saka ako sumagot. "I need to go, Maddox. I miss his mother as well at ito na ang huling gabi nila bago sila bumalik ng states. Cara and her parent's will be there and I'm planning to introduce you to my tito and tita."

Since I don't have my parents anymore, I have to at least introduce him to my second parents which is Cara's parents.

This made Maddox change his mind. "Alright."

"Thank you! I'll go take a quick shower and can we stop at my house to get something to wear for the dinner?"

"Sure, babe."