Chapter 35: Running away after a Runway Show

Running away after a Runway Show

Penelope's POV

"Next week is the New York fashion week and our schedule is already full. Our models had been booked in some of these shows. Penelope, I want you to be in charge on our models for the runway show on Thursday at Skylight Moynihan Station at eight in the evening. It is for the spring collection for both men and women clothing wear. Then I will pick you up after my meeting." Niko discussed.

"You don't have to pick me up."

"It's mom and dad's anniversary on Thursday. We want you and your grandparents with us to celebrate." He explained and I almost felt stupid for forgetting about that occasion.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I was too occupied. If course, you can pick me up."

"It's okay. Besides I have someone to meet at the show and then we can go home together for the party."

"Yes, sure." I replied, scribbling on my notepad about my schedule on Thursday.

I don't usually have to attend any runway shows before pero New York fashion week ngayon kaya magkabilaan ang mga events. All our models had been booked and of course, there have to be someone to monitor them. Although it is not part of my job description, it's fine with me because I get to see a lot of designer clothes.

Ito ang unang araw ni Niko sa trabaho at makikita mo talaga na strikto at dedicated ito sa trabaho. Unlike Oli, he is a lot more authoritarian than his brother.

"What time is it?" Niko asked when we were inside the elevator.

"It's already past one, sir."

"Really? I lost track of time. You haven't eaten lunch right?" He asked looking at me. I was about to lie and tell him I already did but he cut me off. "Of course you haven't. We are together the whole day."

Right.

"Uhmm... I don't mean it in a bad way but if employees see us going out together, they might get the wrong idea. I mean, you're the boss so everyone's gonna think you're giving me special treatment." I tried my best to explain my concern.

Niko only laughed at me. "And by wrong idea, you mean, they might think that the two of us are dating?"

"Well, yes." I replied, embarrassed that I have to talk about this with him.

"But you eat with Oli when he was still your boss. So you mean you can go out with Oliver but not with me?" He asked, making a sad face. "I guess you're the one having favoritism in here."

"No, it's not like that-" Hindi ko na tinapos ang sasabihin ko dahil wala nang kwenta ang magpaliwanag. I will lose this argument anyway. "Fine, where would you like to eat, sir?"

"Sir? I told you that you can drop honorifics when we're alone together." He pouted and put his arm over my shoulder.

Naalarma naman ako sa ginawa niya dahil baka may makakitang ibang empleyado sa amin at baka ang isipin ay nakikipaglandian ako sa boss ko. Na-trauma na kasi ako dati. Na-issue na din kami ni Oliver na may namamagitan daw sa amin. Ang hindi nga lang nila alam ay bakla si Oli.

"Remove your hands. What if someone sees us?"

"So?"

May nakasalubong kaming babaeng empleyado at sa sobrang alarma ko ay ako na mismo ang nag-alis ng braso ni Niko sa balikat ko. Buti nalang at nakatuon ang atensyon ng empleyado sa mga papeles na hawak nito. Pag-angat nito ng tingin ay saktong wala na ang braso ni Niko.

Nagpalipat-lipat ang tingin nito sa aming dalawa bago binati si Niko. "Good day, sir."

Niko had a playful smile on his face and nodded at the female employee. "Good day to you as well, darling."