Chapter 18: Cheesecake and Exes

Cheesecake and exes

It was a long day for me so I decided to take a quick shower. When I'm finished, I looked up the clock above my door and realized that I've been in the bathroom for thirty minutes as it's already six in the evening.

My phone in the bed beeped and saw Stephen's number. He took my number before we parted ways and he just texted me that his Tito and Tita loved the flowers and the wedding was very successful. I texted him a short reply to congratulate the event.

Since this morning, Maddox haven't called me yet and I wonder how's their practice game. I decided to call him.

His phone rang three times and when I thought he's busy, he answered the phone.

"Hello?" Came a husky and sleepy voice from the other line.

"Maddox, did I wake you?" I asked biting my lips. He must've been tired and taking a rest.

I heard the shuffling of sheets in the other line before he answered.

"Well, yes but I'm wide awake now that I heard your voice."

"Oh I'm so sorry. I just wanted to ask about your game but it's okay, you can go back to sleep now. You must be really tired."

I was about to end the call when I heard him speak again.

"Don't hang up, babe. I missed you."

"I missed you too, Maddox." I said as I laid in bed.

"Are you in bed right now?" He asked.

"Yeah. I just took a shower but it's too early for me to sleep."

"Now I'm really wide awake." He said in a husky voice.

"How's practice?" I asked.

"The usual. Goal keeper had to do a hundred push ups because he was late."

"Aww... poor Luke."

I didn't know Maddox is serious about making Luke do push ups.

"The douche deserve that."

"Don't be so hard on him, Maddox."

"Why are you so concern of him?"

I sighed. I smell a fight coming. "He's my friend, Maddox."

"Just a friend, huh?"

"Yes! What are you trying to imply?"

"No, nothing sorry. You know I get jealous at simple things. Sorry, babe."

"I love you, Maddox." I whispered if that would make him feel better.

"I love you more baby. Should I come to your house right now?"

"Oh no, Maddox. You take a rest and I'll see you at school tomorrow."

I want to be with him too but I thought I'm being selfish if I ask him to come, considering that he sounded so tired. He deserves a rest and I don't think he will be able to do that if are together.

I heard him sigh, "I love you, El."

I chuckled and hugged the nearest pillow beside me. "I think I heard you say that already."

"Why? Are you growing tired of it?"

"No. Never."

"Bye, El."

"Bye, Maddox."

Nanatili muna ako sa kwarto ng ilang minuto nang may marinig akong tunog na nanggagaling sa may sala. Sa natatandaan ko, nilock ko ang pinto at ang mga binta kanina bago ako maligo.