Chapter 40: Mortal Enemies Turned Lovers

Mortal Enemies Turned Lovers

Maddox's POV

Pagdating namin sa bahay nila Niko at Oli ay agad kaming sinalubong nina Mr. at Mrs. Kane na may malawak na ngiti sa kanilang mga labi.

Mrs. Kane gave Penelope a tight hug and I introduced myself to them.

"Good evening. I am Maddox Preston, Penelope's boyfriend."

"Nice to meet you. I've never thought that this day would come where I can finally meet the guy that Penelope has been in love with for the past five years. Now I see why she never dated." Mrs. Kane said with a chuckle.

"Come on, love. Let's do the talking later. Why don't we eat dinner first?" Mr. Kane suggested and they both lead us to the dining table where I saw El's grandparents, Niko and Oli already settled in their own seats.
Nang makita kami ay agad na tumayo si Oli mula sa kina-uupuan nito at hinalikan ang pisngi ni Penelope at kinamayan ako. Though Penelope already told me that Oli is gay, I still didn't like the fact that he kissed El, but for her sake, I wouldn't make a big deal out of it. This is her last dinner with her family, I will surely not ruin it.

I greeted everyone before we all sat down, with Penelope beside me and Oli on her other side. Her grandparents and Niko sat across us.

The dinner went by with everyone telling their own stories. I decided that I already like this family. I am grateful to Mr. and Mrs. Kane for being kind to El. I can see how much they cared for Penelope. White Oli is extremely talkative. He probably already revealed everyone about El's secrets.

"She actually bought five copies of your magazine. That's how obsessed she is." Oli said with a laugh pertaining to Penelope and her purchase with magazine where I'm the front cover.

Penelope blushed. "Well, just in case the other one went missing."
I smirked and everyone laughed. I like the idea that even for the time span of five years, she never grew out of love for me. I thought she already forgot me but I was very wrong. She still loves me like the way I do to her.

Mas ikinasaya naman ng damdamin ko na ni minsan ay walang dinate na lalaki si Penelope, which means I am her first and last.

Habang nagku-kwentuhan ang lahat ay tahimik lang si Niko. Minsan lang ito nagsasalita at sumasabat sa usapan. Napansin ko din na pasimple itong tumitingin kay Penelope. From the look of his eyes, I know he wants her. Kahit na sabihin sa akin ni Penelope na walang gusto si Niko sa kanya ay sigurado ako sa hinala ko. He likes her.

I couldn't blame him though. It isn't hard to fall in love with El. She's smart, kind, beautiful and sweet. Sino namang hindi magkakagusto sa kanya. But shame on him, I got the girl he want and I'm never giving Penelope to him.

"I will definitely miss you, dear. You're like a daughter to us." Mrs. Kane hugged Penelope with tearful eyes once dinner was done and everyone were saying there own goodbyes.

"Thank you for being a mother to me." Sagot ni El na hindi na din mapigilin maluha. Hinagod ko na lamang ang likod nito dahil alam kong nalulungkot ito sa kanyang pag-alis. She's been with these people for five years, of course she will miss them.

Oli rolled his eyes to hide a tear and glared at Penelope. "Me? I will not miss you. Definitely not."
"I will miss you too." Penelope replied with a chuckle and gave him a tight embrace.

She gave everyone one last hug before leaving their house together with her grandparents. Penelope was still sobbing as I opened the door of my car for her.

Grabbing her hand, I gave her a smile and drove away. As much as I wanted to be with her at home in the Philippines, it pains me to see her crying like this. Taking her hand, I placed a soft kiss on the back of her hand while fixing my eyes on the road.