Chapter 23: Crybaby

Crybaby

🔔🔔🔔

Penelope Grendel's POV

I did all I can to convice Maddox to go to their victory party but he was really determined not to go so we ended up both in my house to celebrate it by the two of us.

Nagbake nalang ako ng cake at cookies para dito. I was busy writing congratulations on the cake when I felt arms wrapped around my waist.

"Smells so good." Maddox sniffed from behind me.

"Yes. It should taste delicious." Pagsang-ayon ko na itinuloy ang ginagawa ko.

"Yeah?" Then I felt him flick his tongue on my neck. "It does taste delicious."

"Maddox!" Sita ko dito. I thought he was referring to my baked goodies.

"I do appreciate that you baked for me but all your attention is on the damn cake." Reklamo nito.
"Hindi ka na nga pumuntang victory party niyo kaya wag ka nang magreklamo diyan. Just continue watching sport's center." Utos ko dito.

"I've been watching the damn tv for two hours, babe. I need you."

"Hang on. It'll be ready in a minute." Sambit ko na nakatalikod parin dito.

"Fine." He groaned, removing his arms on my waist and went back to the living room.

After a few minutes, Maddox insisted to eat in the living room and watch a movie. Ako dapat ang mamimili ng movie at ang pipiliin ko sana ay spongebob pero dahil special day niya ito ay hinayaan ko siya sa pagpili ng movie but not making sure it wasn't horror. He chose transformers and I thought it's so much better than a horror movie.

"You love cooking." Maya-maya ay sambit nito. It wasn't a question but an statement.

"I'll make sure that our house will have a big kitchen for your cookings." Dugtong nito.

"Our house?" Nakakunot-noong baling ko dito.

"Yes. Kapag nagpatayo tayo ng sarili nating bahay, I will allow you to design the kitchen."

Natawa naman ako. "Minsan talaga Maddox, medyo advance ka mag-isip. Isn't it too soon to think about that?"

"It is, because I'm sure that you will be in my future." He replied sincerely.

We were halfway of the movie when his phone rang. Instead of taking the call beside me, he excused himself and went outside the house to answer the call. I found it really odd that he needed to go outside for the call. It must be something he doesn't want me to hear.

Although I have the chance to listen in his call, I didn't want to envade his privacy. It took him fifteen minutes before he sat back beside me.

"Sino 'yon?" Tanong ko dito.

"Just someone from the media who wanted an interview. It's nothing important." He replied, avoiding eye contact.

"You should go." Sambit ko.

"I don't like those kind of things." He replied and I dismissed the topic because it seemed like he doesn't want to talk about it.

Maya-maya ay nakatanggap ulit ito ng tawag. This time, I expected him to leave but he answered the call beside me.

"Thank you." Maikli nitong sagot sa kabilang linya.  "I'm with her. Yes. Okay, dad."

"Is that your father?" Tanong ko dito nang matapos ang tawag.

"Yes. He's having a party tomorrow and he insisted that I take you with me." Sagot nito.

I looked hesitant for a moment because I don't know how should I act in front of his father. He's a CEO after all.