Chapter 24: Elite Party and Silly Jokes

Elite Party and Silly Jokes

"Where'd you get this dress?" I asked amazed at the dress that was laid on the bed after coming out of the shower.

"I bought it." Maikling sagot ni Maddox.

"It's so pretty!" I exclaimed, touching the fabric of the dress and clutching the towel around me by the other hand.

"A pretty dress for a pretty girl." He said, kissed my cheek and walked to the door. "I'll wait for you outside."

Nang ako nalang mag-isa sa kwarto ay hindi ko parin mapigilang humanga sa damit na binili nito. It's wonderful and I don't need a second glance to realize it's expensive.

Looking at the clock, it's already seven thirty. So we spend at least an hour and a half in the bathroom. I still can't believe Maddox woke me up so early. Nonetheless, I like the dress he bought for me though I have no idea where and when did he managed to buy this.

I wanted to look presentable in his father's birthday so it took me thirty minutes to change and fix my make-up and hair. Maddox said gifts are not necessary but I'm still not sure if it's okay to go empty handed. It's not like I have time to buy anything anyway. Besides, I do not know what to get for a company's CEO in his birthday. He probably have everything.

I can hear the tv from the living room and when I'm satisfied with my look, I took my purse and left my room. Maddox was sitting on the sofa in his suit and as usual, he looks dazzling.

I stood on his side while he gave me a short glance and put his attention to the tv once again. But then, his head titled on my way for the second time and he suddenly stood, mesmerized.

"How do I look?" I asked in a soft voice

"How do I look?" I asked in a soft voice. Maddox remained staring, his look unreadable. "It's too much, isn't it? Maybe I should put my hair down? I think I'm overdressed. I'll just gonna change into something simplier."
Babalik na sana ako sa kwarto ko nang hawakan nito ang braso ko. "I... you look... gorgeous. It's... it's breathtaking!"

"You look dazzling as well." Puri ko din dito.

"You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen." He continued, ignoring my comment. His eyes roamed up and down my body but frowned when he saw my legs.

"What's wrong?"

"You look incredibly good in this dress, babe. Pero parang ayoko yata nitong slit niya sa baba. It's exposing your legs."

"I think it's fine. You bought it and I really like it." Sambit ko. Theres no way, I'm gonna change just because he doesnt like the freaking slit.

He still looked bothered at the drees so I tried to change the topic so he would forget about the damn dress.

Inayos ko ang damit at ang neck tie nito. "I've never seen you in suit. Lahat yata ng klaseng damit bagay mo eh."

"I don't like it. It's not comfortable."