Chapter 47: Yes, I will

Yes, I will

Penelope's POV

"Damn traffic!" I screamed in annoyance. Mali-late ako nito sa conference nila Maddox.

Their team will have their game tomorrow against the team of Kazakhstan and now they were having a conference.

Mula sa practice ay dumeretsyo na si Maddox patungong conference kaya hindi na kami nagsabay. It's not like we can arrive at the same time anyway. Baka pagkaguluhan pa kami ng mga reporters.

And this trafic is not helping the situation at all! I'm pretty sure the conference started a few minutes ago and of course,I should go too to show my support. Maddox was also expecting to see me.

Pagkatapos ng ilang minuto ay sa wakas nakarating din ako sa naturang building kung saan ginaganap ang conference. I showed my gatepass to the guard and he let me inside the conference room.

Pagpasok ko ay punong-puno ng mga reporters at cameras ang buong kwarto. Sa harap ay naka-upo ang buong national team with microphones in front of them. Maddox was sitting at the middle with a worried look.

"My question is for Maddox Preston." Sambit ng isang reporter. "How did you end up to be part of the nations team when you're supposed to be a full time business man?"

Maddox went to answer and all the cameras clicked.

"It was my dream to be a famous soccer player since I was a kid. But someone really pushed me into joining the team when I felt like giving up." Sagot ni Maddox.

"Who is that someone?"

"Someone very special." Sagot ni Maddox na ikina-intriga ng mga tao sa loob ng kwarto.

Maddox found me and his smile widened. I smiled at him as well as I can't help but feel proud for him.

"How confident are you that your team will win the game tomorrow?" Another reporter asked.

"I've never been confident my entire life. I trust my team and I trust myself. We will win. We must win, dahil may nakasalalay sa pagkapanalo namin."

"And what is that?"

"You'll know after we win the game." Maddox replied in confidence. He's so confident that they're gonna win the game. At ano iyong bagay na nakasalalay sa pagkapanalo nila? He never told me anything about that.

"Last question, everyone is still wondering about the girl in the airport. Clearly, that wasn't Miss Mia. Who was that?" Asked one of the reporter.

Tinignan muna ako ni Maddox bago ito sumagot. "She's my girlfriend, my first love."

Everyone we're surprise at his answer including me. I wasn't expecting him to say that, well not in front of these reporters at least.

Maddox fixed his eyes on me and continued. "She's the reason why you see what I am now. I play for her. And I will win again for her."
Sabay sabay na nagtanungan ang mag reporters. Everyone wanted to get answers on their questions but the conference in over. Isa-isa nang nagtatayuan ang players upang lumabas ngunit patuloy parin sa pambabato ng mga tanong ang mga reporters. All of them wanted to know that mysterious girl.

On the other side, I felt happy, contented and proud. Maddox smiled at me while I fought not to cry. The team left the room with reporters following them all ignoring me, oblivious that I was that mysterious girl.

I know Maddox have a lot of things to prepare today before going home. Kaya pala gusto niya akong dumalo sa conference. Because he wanted to hear as he announce everyone about me.