Chapter 33: New Life

New Life

Penelope's POV

Five years later

"Grandma, I'm going!" Sigaw ko mula sa pinto.

"This kid really. You haven't eaten your breakfast yet." Sita sa akin ni lola.

"I'm going to be late." Sagot ko.

"Roberto, can you at least help in disciplining this child." My grandma looked behind her to my grandpa who was busy sipping his coffee while holding a newspaper.

"You heard the kid, hon. She's going to be late. Besides, if she get hungry, she can just eat whatever meal she wants. Oli won't mind for sure if she take a break." My grandpa replied without taking his eyes off the newspaper. He was referring to my boss in which I work as a secretary.

"Seriously, you're siding with this kid now? Apo, it's not good to be skipping meals in the morning."

"Who are you calling kid? I'm twenty five now." I chuckled. "And la, stop worrying about me too much me okay?"

"O siya, off you go. Take good care, okay? Tell me if Oli is making you work a lot." Bilin ni lola.

"Okay la. Goodbye." I said giving her a kiss in the cheek before leaving. She might have wrinkles in her face but she resembles my mother so much.

You're probably wondering why my grandparents talks so casually about my boss like that. It is because Oli and his family is very close to my grandparents. Parang apo narin nila si Oli.

I've been working as Oli's secretary for the past three years after graduating from my course. Oli's family owns a modeling agency and he just happened to be the current Chief Executive Officer at the age of thirty.

You're probably wondering what happened to me after I left Maddox. After leaving him, I moved to my grandparent's home in New York. I left the country and started a new life with my grandparents. I finished my course here and then my grandparents introduced me to Oli and his family. They offered me a job but and I didn't wanna accept it at first but I thought that maybe it's my chance to really start over and move on. That's how I ended up as Oli's secretary.

The lights turned to red so I had to stop my car as people started crossing the road. My attention was caught by a certain billboard ahead of the road. I just happen to see this billboard everyday whenever I go and leave from work. Everytime I look at it, the pain and heartache would gradually comeback and sometimes, I will realize that I have tears in my eyes.

It was a picture of Maddox from a popular brand of shoes. His face was stone cold, it showed no emotion at all but he still manages to look incredibly good. From the past five years, malayo na ang narating ni Maddox. Masaya ako na kahit iniwan ko siya ay nagawa parin nitong tuparin ang pangarap nitong makapasok sa national team.

After joining the national team, he had caught the people's attention. Kahit na nasa ibang bansa ako ay updated parin ako sa mga nangyayari sa kanya. He is one the famous endorsers in the Philippines and not only that, he is also one of the youngest successful entrepreneurs in the country.

No wonder, halos siya palagi ang laman ng balita sa Pilipinas. Sa sobrang sikat nito ay kahit dito sa New York ay mga billboards ito. Maybe it was a good thing to leave him after all.

But all these years, even though the meadia is constantly following him around, he is very reserved. He remained distant to the point that people addressed him as the hot mysterious guy. He might be very popular but I've never seen him accept any interview or guesting in any tv shows. He kept his life private despite the media trying to intrude into his private life.