Bird Problems

*ι ∂σ иσт σωи тнє ¢нαяα¢тєяѕ мα∂є ву мαяνєℓ тнαт αяє ιи тнιѕ fαиfι¢тισи*

SPIDER-MAN: High School
Chapter 2- Bird Problems

~Where the heck is Bailey at~

It's been ten minutes. I've practically walked the school by myself.
"This is the library, but it's not like any of you are going to be visiting this place anyway.", said the senior presenter. The library was packed with books I read over the summer. As we made our way up to the third floor, I saw what looked like a locker behind them. It was a single locker and was tucked away on the stairs. No one else even saw it, and neither could they get to it. Luckily, this awesome guy can stick to walls.

~I'll have to ask the senior guy about it when everyone goes back to their lives. Something I don't necessarily have~

"This here is where all of the teachers teach you st-"
"Useless shit you'll never need." A freshman said.
Everyone started laughing like loose hyenas.
"You kids better not come to this school thinking you own the place. I'm literally one of the only seniors who'll help you, so y'all better shut the hell up."
Everyone stopped in their tracks. No movement, no laughing, no nothing.
"As I was saying, this is where the teachers teach YOU stuff. First floor is for the cafeteria, gym, offices, and stuff. Second is for the upperclassmen, the library, and lockers. Third floor is for you kids. Any questions?"
No one said anything.
"Great now go to the gym and stay as a group."
This was the perfect time to ask the freakishly short senior about that locker I saw.
"Um sir?", I said to him.
"What do you want man? I said go play in the gym."
He literally had to look up to talk to me.
"Is the -um- locker on the stairway to the third floor available?", I said while stuttering. I can barely talk to kids my own age, yet I'm asking a senior for something.
"There is no locker on the stairway. All lockers are on the second floor."
"Here I'll show you then.", I said.

~I really needed that locker. It would be the perfect place to hide from everyone. Have my own little home away from home area~

I started walking to the stairway. The school so far was actually up to date. Security cameras everywhere, classrooms have nice computers, and even the desks look comfortable for some odd reason.
"You see? There's a locker right there in the corner!"
"Yea sure have it. Just go to the office and ask for the combination. After that go to the gym so I don't get in trouble."
The locker number was nineteen sixty-one. I'm pretty sure I saw a locker on the second floor that already had the same number. The more I looked at it, the more I could see that it looked beat up and broken. Who cares, as long as I don't have to see Eugene. I checked the area for people, and then I jumped to the ceiling... but I didn't come back down. I stuck to the top of the ceiling using only my hands. As I moved toward the locker like a kid on monkey bars, I realized how populated the stairway area would be when school starts.

~Maybe picking this locker wasn't a good idea. It'll be weird if someone saw me down here. Whatever, who cares~

When I released my sticky hand power thing, I fell to the ground and made a huge thud. When I looked up, I noticed that the locker didn't have a locking dial on it. Plus, it smelt horrible.

~How did people not notice this smelly locker just sitting here~

I examined and saw J.S. molded into the side of the locker. I opened it. Probably one of the biggest mistakes I've made in my life, besides ditching class at Oscorp to go explore with Sarah. Condoms, old blood, a super-suit, and the smell of smoke all came out of the locker at the same time.
"What the hell!", I exclaimed out loud.
A condom fell on my shoe and the other quadrillion on the super suit. The smell of fire was going to make it seem like I was smoking or something. Not a good first impression if someone finds me. Just more material to pick on me. I grabbed a sleeve of the super-suit BECAUSE that's ALL I COULD SEE OF IT! The person who owned this locker had to be a porn star by night or something. When I grabbed the sleeve and lifted it wasn't just an ordinary suit from a Halloween store. It was Johnny Storm's. The Human Torch owned this locker. No wonder it smelt like a fire.

~Should I report this, or should I just keep quiet? Better to keep quiet and not ruin my secret school hideout~

I shut the locker and picked up the condoms with Johnny's suit, threw them in the trash, and put the suit back in the crappy locker I just chose.

•Johnny Storm died while fighting in the "Judgement" event. He, Tony Stark, and Nova drove G.L.A.K.T.S. into space and blew him up by combining their power into overdrive. Everything else has been classified.

As I went to the gym, I overheard the principal speaking with a familiar voice.
"Don't worry Mr. Webb, we have the situation under control. No need to put the school into a lockdown."
"Thank you, Captain Stacy. These creatures have been running rampant ever since the Avengers left five years ago."
"I hear ya. They made my job so much easier hahaha. We need a new generation of heroes to rise. Hopefully later rather than sooner."
"Why is that Captain?"
"People are still mourning over the loss of our old heroes. They were in the game for fifteen-plus years. It's gonna take some time to get used to another hero running around. The old heroes proved themselves over time, and what if the next Vision isn't so grateful and patient."

Captain Stacy is the captain of the N.Y.P.D. and is the father of the beautiful Gwen Stacy. She's supposed to go to this school too, but I have yet to see her. She's a goody goody, but I don't buy it. Everyone at my middle school was bad. Drugs, smoking, sex, and money is all I heard from them. School there was like a bad porno script. Nothing made sense at all, but you got to finish it. Sometimes, it's almost like I have no hope for this generation. Captain Stacy reverses that. Every time he makes a speech it's well prepared, on time, and gets to your heart. The man could be talking about killing kids and sacrificing your mom and you would still have to think TWICE about which side you're on. He is a real-life hero and is somewhat like an idol to me, and it doesn't matter if he wasn't graced with powers. Some say he reminds them of when Captain America used to make speeches. I was too young to remember most of Captain America's speeches, but Uncle Ben tells me about them. Uncle Ben use to talk to George Stacy a while back. Ben and George were close friends before he went into the police force and became captain. Every now and then they still talk to each other.

"What's the name of this villain?", asked the Principal.
"Calls himself the Vulture. No other leads so far except that he mainly attacks near Stark's old place and the precinct. We're doing the best we can with the information we have gathered. Every time my team tries to get near him he fries our guns and communications."
"These sickos need to be put in Ravencroft."
"Everyone has a motive, Mr. Webb. Once we figure out his, he will be easier to stop."
"Please, call me Sam."

The two shook hands and went their separate ways. I stopped hiding inside a class-sectioned hallway and headed back towards the gym. I wondered how they were gonna beat this Vulture man. With no weapons, random attacks, and no heroes, this man can murder anyone he wants.

~Well... their problem~

As I got closer to the gym, I heard noises of basketballs bouncing and people screaming and yelling with laughter. Not all of the freshmen are even here and it sounds like a kid's play area... except the kids have much deeper voices.

I looked through a window into the gym. It was green, blue, and immense as crap! Think of my old school as a virus, and this school as a bacteria. It's sooooo much BIGGER. There was a track upstairs from the gym going to the third floor.
"Hey, Pete!"
Liz Allan was running up behind me. Her hair bounced as she ran.

~And so did her other things...~

"Oh hey, Liz! Did you sign up for cheerleading?"
"I did! I just need to get my physical in by next week to be able to try. What have you been doing? It seems everyone else was in the gym, yet you just got here. "
"I was...busy... getting my locker!"
"Where is your locker? Watch us end up being locker buddies!", she said happily.
"Sadly, no. My locker is alone...next to no one."
"Ah, you're gonna be lonely. You don't want to start high school like that do you?"
"I'm used to it honestly. Plus, you can't really trust people."

We entered the gym doors and the screaming and laughter nearly busted my eardrums.

"Where have you been?", said Bailey who was in front of Liz and I at the entrance of the gym.
I turned around to see her with another guy wearing all green. He was a Hawaiian/Indian kid who hasn't skipped a meal in his life.
"Dude...", she said as she looked down at me.
"What? Are my glasses broken from Flash pushing me?!"
"Your shoe..."
I looked down at my shoe.... and guess what?

There's a used condom on it.

FSS