Mary Jane Watson

*ι ∂σ иσт σωи тнє ¢нαяα¢тєяѕ мα∂є ву мαяνєℓ тнαт αяє ιи тнιѕ fαиfι¢тισи*

SPIDER-MAN: High School
Chapter 13- Mary Jane Watson

It's a very aesthetic day. The last couple hours of September were some of the best in the month. Gwen and I started talking again, and I went over to Cindy's to discuss and compare how different our powers are. The precinct so far has captured over ten of Silver Mane's men, and Mr. Negatives goons haven't vandalized anything yet. They've been quiet for the past two days! The sun was shining, but it wasn't too hot, nor was it too cold. October weather is PERFECT! The time for hot cocoa was upon us. The holiday feeling was arising! After what happened yesterday, it seems the gods wanted to give me a break. Since Cindy and I now know what will happen if we get in a confined space with each other, we don't want to go near each other at ALL! If we even stand next to each other we start to... try and mate. Strange. It seemed like my life started to get back on track after my Uncle's death... that is until Captain Stacy announced school was starting back. Yep, high school was going to start. Today is Friday and school starts on Monday the third, nearly a month after the usual time. At two, I have to go clothes shopping with Aunt May to look for inexpensive outfits. Uncle Ben was the main source of income since he worked at two places. We had to sell the shop and everything in it to get some spare money. Deciding to sell everything was a cumbersome task.

Suddenly, my phone started to ring. My ringtone is Captain America's theme song. Some guy named Henry Jackman made it. Kinda goes like "Duuuuuuuunnnn dundunduuuunnnn" and then repeats. Simple, yet heroic. I gazed at my phone, not wanting to answer it because I love the song too much. Gwen was calling.

~I thought her father told us not to talk to each other! She's gonna get me killed! I may be super strong, but I don't think I'm bulletproof like Luke Cage~

Cindy isn't bulletproof either. She made the dumb decision to test her powers basically to the max, and shooting herself in the shoulder seemed like the BEST CHOICE EVER. Sarcasm.

I answered the phone, even though my gut told me not to.
"Hey, Spider-Man. That is your superhero name right?"
"Gwen what are you doing! You're crazy! Your dad is gonna KILL me for real this time if you don't stop."
"Chill he's out of the building. Did he tell Aunt May on you?"
"No.", I whispered. "Gwen, how about we just start talking at school from now on. I looked up to your dad, and now that he hates me. It's kinda... depressing."
"You looked up to my dad? He's just a regular person? He's just... dad.", Gwen confusedly said through the phone.

I desperately wanted to tell her about Cindy.

~She has powers and we have the desire to make human... spider... hybrid people things. Make more of what we are. Make more spider-men and silk people~

"Well I looked up to him.", I explained to Gwen. "And now he hates my guts. The last thing I wanted to do was lose ANOTHER father figure."
"Well, Peter I'm sorry. I truly am, buuuut you know it felt good."
"I'm hanging up."
"Wait, I have something for your wanna-be super-suit AKA converse shoes and blue... pajama pants? Is that not what you wear?"
"Just show me later.", I told Gwen, confused about what she could have made for me.
"It's not finished yet, but it's a mask, with a better version of your goggles sewed in there!"
Laughing, I asked her, "Who knew Gwendolyne could sew so well?"
"I told you about my hobby like a month ago. I'll be finished with it by the time you get back from shopping with your Aunt. I'm surprised you still let her pick out your stuff."
"She's been doing it since I moved in with her. Why stop and have to do it myself? Free labor if you ask me. Plus, I don- "
"Did you really just say that.", Gwen said.
"Not that way! I mean it's been her job since I was a kid. Why change it for no reason?"
"Because it's your responsibility."
"Hitting me with my Uncle's last words again."
"Come on you know I didn't mean it like that. It was a joke, but seriously pick out your clothes you weirdo. Spider-Gwen out."
"Did you just say Spide-"