Because I Love You

*ισ иσт σωи тнє ¢нαяα¢тєяѕ ¢яєαтєву мαяνєιи тнιѕ fαиfι¢тισи*

SPIDER-MAN: HIGHSCHOOL 2
Chapter 17- Because I Love You

SEVERAL MONTHS AGO

A daunting task fell upon me when Mrs. Field finished orating. It had to be the most difficult task any man has seen since the Judgement Event four years ago. Mrs. Field extended her hand in grabbing reach without losing eye contact with her clipboard. A rectangular slip of paper flicked the fragile glasses off of my face. "Peter Parker? Take your badge please."
"What's this for?", I asked, correcting my glasses that fell off their indentions a.k.a. their home.
"Were you even paying attention Mr. Parker? Oscorp. Field trip. TODAY. Badge, take it. Perhaps I should tell you what class and grade you're in as well?"
"Eighth grade AP Physical Science.", Sarah declared. Sarah Wilner. She skipped to the teacher who still had her hand out and snatched my badge to place it in her own back pocket. To refrain from looking down, I swiftly looked in the opposite direction of Sarah, the girl I've been BEST friends with for six months. Bailey was considered family.
"What's wrong?", she asked as if she knew what she was doing.
"C-Can I have my badge back?"
"How about this. I'll sit next to you on the bus ride there and you can feel around for it."
"But it's on your-"
"I. Will. Sit. Next. To. You. On. The. Bus. Ride. There. And. Yo-"
"Okay okay."
I could feel the sweat start to fall from my hair and onto my scarlet skin. I felt invincible when I was with Sarah. I felt alive and like everyone else. For once... I didn't feel like a nerd.
"Good boy! Now come on let's go get our seats, Peter."

As Sarah and I along with Liz Allan, Cindy Moon, and a girl I did not know walked out of the classroom to the bus slots outside, I noticed something was off. Off by a few inches. It wasn't just the exhaust invading my lungs like a case of asthma. I felt disconnected and didn't recognize myself as I approached the rented school bus with girls that weren't Aunt May or... Bailey.
"Where's Bailey?"
Sarah ignored, Liz continued her phone call, and the girl I didn't know didn't know I existed.

Cindy was the only one to answer.

"I don't think she's coming."
"W-Why not? She's our friend?"
Cindy stopped walking beside me and put her hand on my chest, restraining me from walking forward.
"I don't think Sarah cares much about you Peter."

PRESENT

"Peter. Peter. Peter? Peter!"
"Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers?"
"You think you're all that don't you?"

I didn't even hear MJ reconnect the call. I was too busy, too distracted by the Lizard.

"Actually, I know I'm all that. Yo! Watch the tail?!"
"Are you sure you have this?!"
"Can't talk! Can't talk!"

I jumped over the Lizard's tail, shot a line onto its face in mid air, and pulled myself landing a knee strike. Lizard blood went all over my knee and hands as I continued bashing it's head in.
"Go to sleep already!" The constant BANG in the back of my head drove me to the brink of INSANITY!
"Argh!" I collapsed onto the ground due to the pain. Everything was fine fighting the Lizard, a little bit of pain, but now it's like I'm having an aneurysm!
"Spider-Man! Are you okay?" She ran towards me, conflicted on what to do. Tiger claws ran against the fabric of my suit as she gave it her best shot to heave me from danger. We headed down the tunnel, away from the Lizard, but my head didn't give two craps.
"My-My brain!", Hissing due to the pain.
"What's going on?!", she asked.
"I-I-I can't... I-I can't think..."
"I'm taking your mask off."