The Not So Friendly Triangle

*ι ∂σ иσт σωи тнє ¢нαяα¢тєяѕ мα∂є ву мαяνєℓ тнαт αяє ιи тнιѕ fαиfι¢тισи*

SPIDER-MAN: Highschool
Chapter 21- The Not So Friendly Triangle

The sandy hue of my hair matched the colors of the deceased leaves on the sidewalk. There aren't many trees in New York City, but when there are some, it's usually covered in trash, or people in chains wrapped around one every goddamn two seconds. I watched as the light breeze snagged the leaves and dragged them across the cracked concrete sidewalk. Peter had sunglasses on along with his backpack he's had since seventh grade. I remember Peter back in seventh grade. We would barely speak to each other, only when we had to did we make conversation. Other times I would give him the cold shoulder, not accepting the fact that all men and boys are different. Just because one man tries to rape me and a couple of boys at my school are douchebags, doesn't mean that every single one is a jerk. Going against what my father says isn't something I normally would do, but this time he's wrong, just like how he was with my mother. I've wasted nearly three years liking Peter but not doing anything. This year that's changing. Maybe that's why I've been so addicted and pushy around him. I'm just dying to date him and take this "relationship" to its full potential. Two science nerds fighting crime together! Every day he was with Bailey. Every second he could spend with her he did. I secretly think Bailey likes him. She only hides it when they're around people. Peter doesn't think so, but he's a boy so he doesn't matter. I know I'm right.

"I don't ever think I've been out in the big city, Gwen.", Mary Jane said.
"I've been out here a couple of times, but never with friends. You and Raj seem to know where you're going. I just chose the Daily Bugle because it's one of the tallest buildings around here. I don't know how to get to it."
Raj turned around and wanted to kill me. "HOW DO YOU NOT KNOWHEREITISGWEN!"
"You're doing the thing again.", Cindy mumbled under her breath. "Why are you so annoying to be around! It's been like four hours, and you're already pissing me off!"
"Maybe you're just a negative bi-"
"Oh my lord! Can you two not argue until we get there! We need to sit down somewhere and think of a plan! Something to make Topher get all pissed off!", I exclaimed.

Mary Jane and I have been best friends for a long time. When her parents got a divorce, and she was taken by her father, Mary Jane moved and went to a different middle school. I love that girl. She loves me. I trust her. I trust her more than I do my father. It's a shame she got caught in this bullshit with her ex. He was only using her and she fell for it.

"Oh my GOODNESS! LOOK AT THOSE PURSES!", I freaking screamed to the top of my lungs.
"Are we seriously about to go inside of a clothes shop when we have places to be?", Peter asked.
"Uhhh YEA!", all of the girls cheered.
The look on Raj and Peter's faces was hilarious. If I weren't so focused on the silk-colored purse I would've laughed.
"You girls have ten minutes. I didn't get anything to eat, so I'm going to go look."
"Text is where you are and we'll meet you there.", Bailey said and waved.

~These purses are about to meet the best thing that's ever happened to them~

**********
I said no splitting up and we're not even halfway to The Daily Bugle, AND GUESS WHAT HAPPENED! Split up. Gwen, Bailey, Cindy, and Mary Jane all went to go look at purses and other freakin clothes. I'm stuck with Raj, the baby of the so-called Team Spider that started recently. 

"I know you don't like me.", Raj said out of complete nowhere. I turned my head to my right and tried to meet his stare. I couldn't. I didn't want to seem guilty.
"Dude, don't even try and hide it. It's all good. Most people don't."
"I- I never wanted it to seem like I didn't. It's just you're a littl-"
"Little annoying and random? Yea, I know. I have ADHD. I can't sit still at all and my mother tells me to embrace it, but how are you supposed to embrace something so..."
"Different?", I asked.
"Exactly. Hey, there's a smoothie place right there. That guy old guy, Stan, owns it."
"What doesn't he own? Seems like he owns the universe. Heck even stuff out of that."
"After The Avengers, I think it's safe to say they're other universes out there. The schools still have yet to change our science books to more "modern" times. It's like we know what's out there from footage of the attack."
"Some people are afraid for no reason man. A couple of days ago, my aunt and I were talking about me, well I mean me as being the vigilante, and she doesn't like "him"."
"How could she not like the spider? You're freaking awesome dude."