The Kiss (M)

*ι ∂σ иσт σωи тнє ¢нαяα¢тєяѕ мα∂є ву мαяνєℓ тнαт αяє ιи тнιѕ fαиfι¢тισи*

SPIDER-MAN: High School
Chapter 8- The Kiss (ᴍ)

•~Getting out of a car using only one hand is hard. I guess what they say is true. You don't know what you have until it's gone~

Aunt May got out of her car, along with Gwen, and opened the door for me.
"There's an entire pack of water Peter for you to drink. I expect it to be gone in two days. Wait, where are your glasses?"

~Oh crap! My glasses are gone~

"I still have them! I was just trying contacts!"
"Who bought them for you? Those things are expensive.", my Aunt said, puzzled.
"I- um- You see."
"I did!", Gwen said, trying to get me to be quiet. "I thought it would be different. You can really see his eyes pop without the glasses."
Aunt May grabbed my face and looked into my eyes... or maybe even my soul.
"They look the same to me. A bit of green with a whole lot of light brown."
"Hazel, Aunt May.", I said while swatting May's hands off of me. She can be so grabby sometimes.
"Well, you two go back inside the apartment and lock ALL of the entrances. I'm back off to work, and Peter the water is in the freezer, not the fridge. Your Uncle should be back around three from his job and who knows when he'll leave for the shop downtown."
"We'll be fine. Bye Aunt May!", I said waving at her as she got into her car in the parking lot.
"Bye Mrs. Parker."
"Bye sweetie!", she yelled out to Gwen from her window as she drove back to her job.
Gwen looked at me as we were left at the entrance of my apartment.

"So what do we do now? We're gonna be stuck in here for DAYS until they catch this Vulture weirdo."
"They won't be able to catch him if they don't know the information we have.", I said to her as I entered the door to the lobby area.
"I'm telling you there are no puncture marks or bruising! I'm perfectly fine! No tracking device!", Gwen said, trying to convince me.

We walked into the lobby, straight down the main hallway, and into a small waiting room with elevator doors. The lobby area was playing Captain Stacy's announcement on every TV. I pressed the elevator button and waited for it to open.

"Maybe... he put one on your clothes?"
She turned her neck, looked at me, and gave me a roguish smile. CHILLS descended my spine. Then, just as quick as she smiled, she went back to her regular commanding tone.
"You're loving the thought of that aren't you."
I gulped.

~Maybe High School will be different. With these new powers, I'll be able to be more confident in myself. Who knows Eugene and I could actually be friends for once. That one time someone else started to pick on me, he shut that down real quick. I think he just likes me~

"No.", I laughed as I started to blush. I could feel my heart start to beat faster and faster as Gwen moved closer and closer to me. She inched her way over to me. No one would be able to see us because we were off behind a wall in a room on the main floor. Gwen Stacy, the girl that everyone in my state chased after, was about seven inches from my face. The apartment lobby went out of focus as I fell lost into Gwen's gaze. She didn't blink. I didn't blink. Then, she started to descend to her knees... and where she landed was a bit too close to home. My heart was about to explode out of my chest.