The Truth Hurts

*ι ∂σ иσт σωи тнє ¢нαяα¢тєяѕ мα∂є ву мαяνєℓ тнαт αяє ιи тнιѕ fαиfι¢тισи*

SPIDER-MAN: High School
Chapter 18- The Truth Hurts

You know that new person that hangs out with your friends? Rajit is that new person. Gwen, Cindy, Bailey, AND I HAVE TOLD HIM WHAT THE PLAN WAS SEVERAL TIMES, AND HE HAS STILL YET TO UNDERSTAND.

"Raj, it's simple. I open my father's briefcase. After opening it, we see what's inside and hope that it will include information on how Mr. Negative opens portals. Step three, we use your father's equipment to make a small portal and close him there for good."
He scratched his head.
"So you and Cindy have spider powers? That's- that's incredibl-"
"FUCK THIS!", Cindy howled. "We've been trying to teach this idiot what to do for the past ten minutes! I'm hungry too!"
She stormed off and out of the room.
"I'm sorry. It's just ever since I've learned about The Avengers when I was a kid I've wanted to be with them. They're dead, but YOU have powers! I can finally be part of a team! Of course, I won't be out there fighting like you and Cindy will, but I can work back here in your room. It all fits! I'm half Indian which fits the stereotype of being tech support!"
We all laughed even though it was wrong. Suddenly, Cindy came back in flying with a box of chips in her hand and bottles of water in the other.
"How'd you get that so quickly?", Gwen asked.
"Superspeed. Does Peter not have that?"
"I do. I'm pretty sure I went up to sixty miles per hour the last time I ran."
"That smells like bullshit.", Cindy said.
Rajit was off in the corner loving every second.
"This is like a dream come true.", he whispered.
"Ok so now that you're back let's open this damn thing.", Bailey said while staring at her phone.

~Please please let there be something! Without it, there's no way we're stopping Negative~

I grabbed the case from under my air mattress and stared at it. After a good ten seconds, I ripped it open and papers flew wildly. A calculator, VHS tape, and a sticky note stood out the most to me. Placing the briefcase back, I sat down on my bed and stared t everything from afar.
"Don't touch anything.", I said. "Just stare at it and scan the area."
I started biting my thumb.
"Gwen play music.", I said
"What is music going to do with anythi-"
"Shhh, Cindy. Don't ruin his moment."
Cindy rolled her eyes, but I couldn't care less. We finally got to see what was in the briefcase.
"I'll play this new song that I found a couple of days ago. I didn't get to sing it this morning, sadly."
"No, I believe you meant luckily haha."
"I'm with Cindy. What is playing music going to do with anything?", BB asked.
"Music helps you visualize a story in your head. I just figured we could see a story form from everything in the briefcase."
"Yo! Look at the pic of Norman with my dad. I think this is your dad too, Peter."

~Norman Osborn. The big man himself~

Gwen stood up from my chair to look at the picture Raj was holding. Bailey threw off her book bag and started over too.
"Who's that Asian-looking guy? The guy next to Peter's father."
"Martin Lee. It says it at the bottom, dipshit."
"Cindy, why are you so abrasive? I mean she just asked a question.", Gwen said. She put her hands on her hips. "I mean it seems the only reason you're here is because Peter needs your help against Negative. Other than that you wouldn't be here."
"Hey, guys. That's enoug-"
"No shut up Peter. Let blonde talk."
"How are we going to stop Negative when we can't even get our team straight!", I exclaimed.
"I have a VHS player at my house, Peter.", said Bailey.
"Rajit, go sneak out to her house to go get the player. The rest will stay her-"
"Hey! I know this guy! Well, I know his son. Dr. Brock's son was the tall black kid I talked to along with Flash today. He was also my Uber driver. Do you remember that? And Bailey, there's no need for you to go to your house, there's one in the precinct."
"Can we turn a fan on it's getting hot in here.", Raj asked.
"There.", Cindy said sarcastically.
"CINDY!"
I grabbed her by her arm and walked out of the door.