The Final Countdown

*ι ∂σ иσт σωи тнє ¢нαяα¢тєяѕ мα∂є ву мαяνєℓ тнαт αяє ιи тнιѕ fαиfι¢тισи*

SPIDER-MAN: Highschool
Chapter 22- The Final Countdown

I woke up. Fighting Topher, Bailey, and emotionally fighting Gwen was rough. Gwen was gone. She came in at two in the morning during my new thinking hours. I sat up out of my bed and looked at the graze mark on my stomach from Topher.

~What a loser for using a knife. Especially when you were coming to apologize to your ex~

I sat up from bed and looked at the mess of papers we made from my father's briefcase yesterday. Today is all about stopping Mr. Negative. Nothing else is getting in the way. Reaching for my phone, I almost ruined the scab that was already developing from last night. I called Bailey.

"Come on BB pick upppp!"

I glanced at my clock and saw that it had died from when I threw my covers this morning. Shame. I really liked that clock.

"Sorry, but the person you're trying to reach is unavail-"
I took my phone and tossed it behind me on my bed.

The sound of the precinct swarmed my ears as I started to fully wake up. Brush my teeth, wash my face, comb my hair, and throw on a Neighbourhood band shirt. Then I remembered... I have a "date". Also known as a get-together.

~I hope she doesn't like me. Ahhh who am I kidding? She kissed me a month or so ago. At least we can't work together after...~

*BING BING*

"MY PHONE! BAILEY!", I screamed out of excitement. "It's just a text... please don't be mad at me."

BB- Stop calling me

"Ugh!"

Me- No

I started biting my nails in anticipation. I went on Broadcast and signed into Gwen's unlimited music thing. "The Beach" by The Neighbourhood.

~I'm in a Neighbourhood mood today~

BB- Stop txt me or im going to block u

Me- no bailey I love you. I do

BB- but only as a friend dont u? Ur too busy getting ur dick sucked by Gwen
BB- I shouldve known u were all the same

Me- what's that supposed to mean?

BB- ur just lik my father! Stop texting me

My jaw dropped. Bailey just compared me to her father. Bailey's father not only left her at a random doorstep but he was arrested shortly after. Poor Bailey was only four when it happened. She just compared me to that. It almost brought tears to my eyes to hear my best friend say that about me, even if she didn't mean it.

Me- Bailey I'm so sorry

BB- this is ur last chance

Me- Bailey you don't want to block me I can tell. Please just come over to the precinct and we can talk this out. I don't want to lose you