Spider-Man: High School- Orientation

*ι ∂σ иσт σωи тнє ¢нαяα¢тєяѕ мα∂є ву мαяνєℓ тнαт αяє ιи тнιѕ fαиfι¢тισи*

SPIDER-MAN: High School
Chapter 1- Orientation

"Today marks the fifth anniversary of the tragic "Judgement" event. Five years ago, the team known as "The Avengers" responded to a global threat known as G.L.A.K.T.S. After defeating the titan-sized creature just seconds before Earth seemed doomed, the remaining survivors of The Avengers team disassembled and retired. Take the time out of your day to visit the fallen heroes' memorials at Times Square. This has been J. Jonah Jameson from the Daily Bugle."

•~Only if I had time to visit~

"We should go there after! You know to pay our respects.", said Bailey.
"You do realize orientation is going to last a pretty long time?"
"You can sign up for loser clubs later Peter! That memorial is more important than science or whatever."
"I'm not signing up for science club BB." I grabbed my skateboard along with hers out of my room. "It's personal stuff I guess. The usual crap Uncle Ben has me do."
"Yeah sure. Just don't be stuck in your room watching science fairs when you could be looking up to real-life superheroes."

Out of nowhere, my stomach did somersaults as I followed my best friend. Even with a temporary handicap, I managed to keep up as we skated to our new school Midtown High.

•~This year will be different, Pete. Just wait and see~

Once we finally arrived, the ENTIRE campus area was filled with freshmen like me. It was ludicrous to know how many people are going to join Midtown High! I've heard the stories of what goes down in here and it looks to be true already. The school is three stories tall with pillars on either side. In front of the building, near the bus area, is a MASSIVE sign that reads -MIDTOWN SCHOOL OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY.  The girls hardly had anything on, but who's complaining? The grass looked fake it was so green. There wasn't a cloud in sight. Not a single one. Who needs clouds when you can look at Liz Allan all day long instead. I saw Liz talking to some playboy near the front of the school by the giant sign. She had on these nice grey and black jeans that complimented her figure. She wore a long-sleeved aqua-colored shirt with white stripes on the cuffs. Her hands barely showed because of how oversized the shirt was.

"Hey BB?", I asked Bailey.
"What?" She removed her helmet and brushed several strands of purple hair from her face.
"Do you remember Liz?"
"You mean the super hot Liz that hates me? Yeah, why?"
"She's over there, and I kinda wanna say something."
"You're still afraid that she's friends with Sarah, or are you just being your normal shy self?"
I paused at Bailey's question.

Last year, Sarah and I had a thing going on. I think it was a thing? Everyone dared her and I to kiss after the eighth-grade dance. We did although it meant nothing to her and everything to me. I finally thought I was stepping out of the stereotypical human-piñata phase. Sarah turned out to have multiple boyfriends at the same time. I'm always being used. Maybe it's the nerdy, submissive vibe I give off.

"IF Liz is still friends with Sarah, don't you think she will be mad at me because I... figured it out?", I asked curiously.
"That you figured out Sarah is a giant whore? HA! If I were Liz, I would forgive and forget! Sarah played you so you left the clique. Plus, it didn't really affect her anyway, only her group of bimbo friends." Bailey said.
"I guess you have a point then. I'm gonna go over there."
"Remember, don't choke like all of the women in your porn!"

I rolled my eyes nearly out of their sockets at Bailey's last comment. She has this childish idea that boys need to watch that stuff twenty-four seven.

Chalking up the idea to talk to Liz again was difficult as is, but getting through the crowd to do so was even WORSE. You have your medium-sized nerd kids like me, but then you have your six-foot-four-inch Luke Cage dudes. I wonder what the seniors look like? Freshmen were only allowed for this orientation. Selected upperclassmen could help guide us around. Before I could even try to guess what the seniors looked like, a humongous foot tripped me.

"Well, would you look at that! Puny Parker at Midtown High?! I thought I told you to switch schools last year."
"Nice to see you again too, Flash.", I said while picking up my glasses. Everyone was looking in our direction.
"This is going to be the start of some VERY fun years, Parker. See ya around!", he said as he walked off to meet his other playboy jocks.

Eugene "Flash" Thompson is a very unique creature. He's as dumb as a rock, has been bullying me since fourth grade, yet still gets ALL of the girls. I heard he took five girls' virginities over the summer, and knowing him as my personal bully, it is probably true. He should have an STD by now, but knowing his luck... he's immune to it.

When I finally got off of my butt and onto my knees, I looked up to see not only Liz Allan with her hand out trying to help me, but also her cheerleading friends surrounding her. It was like she came down from heaven to save me. She's half black and half Latina. Her accent and huge brown eyes reeled me in ever since I first met her. Only downside is she falls for the playboys, but that was last year. Hopefully, she's changed.
"You alright, Pete?", she so gracefully asked.
"Yeah, I'm fine. I didn't really like this shirt anyway."

~I freaking loved this shirt. The green stains on Albert Einstein's face aren't going away anytime soon~

"The person on your shirt! That's that science guy, right? Um, what's his name?"
"Albert Ein-"
"FISH! Albert Fish right?"
"Albert Fish was a serial killer Liz."
"Oops! What about Albert Capo-"
"It's Einstein.", I said, correcting her mistake.

That's another downside. She's not really the brightest. She'll be able to figure out what makeup you wore two days ago than the answer to a variable.

I managed to spit some game at Liz to get a conversation going.

"So -uh- hey..."

~Come on Peter think of something! Don't be awkward on orientation day! It's your first impression for the next four years! Make a change! Make a change~

"How was your summer?", I asked wiping tiny bits of grass off of my ruined shirt and shorts.

~Screw Eugene~

"It was kinda boring, to be honest. Ever since I broke up with Blake, it hasn't been the same. So yeah... very boring."

~She ALWAYS needs someone to entertain her. It's so ridiculous~

"What about you Pete?"
"It was interesting!"

~Like being able to stick to walls interesting~

"I've been helping my Uncle Ben around our shop to pay for the apartment. Getting some extra cash in is a plus too -uh- yeah."

~It would've been great if the spider bite gave me super strength. Those boxes aren't easy to lift~

"Maybe I could help you out?", she asked.
Her cheerleading friends looked just as stunned as me.

~Out of everyone, Liz Allan wants to spend time helping me? No way! This year really will be different~

"Yeah -Um- GREAT- sure you can help out! Why not try something new! There is one twist. I don't know if you can get... paid. My uncle barely makes enough to cover the rent."
"That's fine. Just working with you is all I need!"

~Am I in a dream right now?! One of the HOTTEST girls at my school just said 'working with you is all I need.' I hope she's not playing me~

"Here's my number so you can text me!"
She handed me a slip of paper. I'm glad she didn't make me pull out my small, not-so-smart phone. I'm thankful to even have a screen. Everyone else can afford the new phones but me. Liz waved as she walked away to sign up for cheerleading with her posse.

I opened the slip of paper. A real number was written inside. Whether it's Liz's or not I'll have to wait and see.

This year is going to be interesting, but I don't know if that's a good thing or something terrible...

FSS