Finale (Part 2 M)

*ι ∂σ иσт σωи тнє ¢нαяα¢тєяѕ мα∂є ву мαяνєℓ тнαт αяє ιи тнιѕ fαиfι¢тισи*

SPIDER-MAN: Highschool
Chapter 28- Finale (Part 2 M)

No music. No talking. Silence. Gwen's come into my room a couple of times but has never said anything. I lost track of how long it's been since Cindy's passing. No longer than three days that's for sure. I believe Aunt May has brought me dinner twice. Maybe more. She slept in here with me once. Yesterday night.

I heard a knock on my door.

"It's unlocked."

The door slightly creaked open revealing Gwen Stacy. As much as I like her being in here, I didn't feel ready to have company. I don't want her to see me like this.
"Peter? I-I know this is the first time we've talked in three days, but are you- how are you holding up?", she whispered. The ambient noise from outside my room kept it from being completely quiet. I sat on my bed, not making eye contact with her. I thought of lying, but Gwen knows when I don't tell the truth. Apparently, I'm terrible at it.
"I don't know. She told me not to blame myself and shut everyone out but... how can I not?"

I peeled my eyes away from the ceiling I had previously been staring at for only God knows how long. Someone else must have been at the door because Gwen shook her head through the crack and closed off the entrance leaving just us.
"For starters, you didn't kill her."
"But I didn't protect her either.", I mumbled out of hate as I sat on the edge of my bed. "I could've done something. It- it should've been me."

I dove into Gwen's left shoulder, as I cried for the first time since Tuesday. Now the only sound coming from my room was me and Gwen's fingers running through my ruffled hair. What were the past three days like without her talking or interacting with me? Everything just felt like a haze. Mr. Negative is finally over, yet somehow I still can't shake the feeling that we lost.

"I know I keep telling you it's going to be ok, but it is. Things are going to be different."
"I- I don't feel like talking right now." My voice was raspy. Unnatural. I sounded sick and I am.
"You have to talk to people in times like this. Cindy knew you would try to shut people out. Talk to me about everything. Every single problem. Everything. I'll listen to you."
I shook my head. "No. I- I- I can't do this anymore. I tried to do what you wanted of me and what I wanted of myself, but it's not possible Gwen. I'm just not at that age to juggle so much at one time. I have you, my Aunt, my friends, and even a new section of school to worry about. The fate of someone's LIFE is way too difficult for me.
"There are other people out there grieving just like you are!"
"I know that! I can't help them! I can't. I'm sor-"
"Bullshit."
"My Uncle would beg to differ. I'm not fast or strong enough for this."
"Then make yourself stronger and faster Peter. Train, run, do anything, just don't give up and think negatively. That's despair. The total opposite of hope."

I didn't respond to her comment. I just rolled over and threw the covers back onto my sore body. With another day or two, I'll be good as new physically, but not mentally. Realizing I wasn't going to answer, Gwen headed to the door. "Peter... out of the month or so we've spent together, just know that I care for you. A lot."
"Gwen?"
"Ya?"
"Will you stay here with me?"
"Yea of course!"
For the first time in three days, I got out of my bed.
"I'll- I'll take the floor."
"The floor is lava...", she murmured and started giggling.

~She finds almost every possible opportunity just to be next to me~

"Thank you for having my back."
"No problem. You and your Aunt may be the only decent people still in Queens. You know you could work on your online school work just to get your mind off of things."
"Way ahead of you. I finished all three days' worth already."
"When did you- never mind you're Peter Parker. Still smarter than you."
Surprisingly, I chuckled as if I were a toddler seeing a magic trick for the first time. Twenty minutes ago I was sitting alone, feeling alone, and being left alone.