Inevitable Foes

*ισ иσт σωи тнє ¢нαяα¢тєяѕ ¢яєαтєву мαяνєιи тнιѕ fαиfι¢тισи*

SPIDER-MAN: HIGHSCHOOL 2
Chapter 5- Inevitable Foes

"You're late Mr. Parker. Four minutes to be exact. You were tardy in October as well."
"Sorry sir. I got lost again."
"Mhm just find a seat please."

The last desk to the left of Bailey was open. Not a surprise. She and I have been best friends since sixth grade. Actually we were each other's only friend. No one else actually cares for her or me. I slithered over to the back of the class awkwardly. We were in the exact back corner Cindy and I sat at in October.

~Bailey and I have been so close but who knew she wanted more? Who knew she wanted to be more. How well do I actually know her if I couldn't tell~

As I placed my things down, she kicked my desk's legs to get my attention. The class was loud enough to where we could talk about 'him' without being compromised.
"Who was that girl? Why did we have to leave? Is she an ex I never knew about. How many secrets are you goi-"
"Huh? No no she's not an ex. I- I don't even know her name."
"Then why'd you tell us to leave?"
"B-- there's just... I can't explain it."
"Bullshit."
I sucked on my bottom lip. Aunt May tells me to do that instead of biting my nails.
"Technically it's not lying because I really don't know who she is."
"Peter, just tell me!"
"I- I can't. If she sees me with you she may try to expose me or something. Actually, she wouldn't try to do that because I know who she is."
"Who. Is. She?!?!"

~If you tell her now she may be in danger. If you don't tell her then she'll slowly lose trust in you. God~

"Bailey please. I- I don't know who she is."
"YOU JUST SAID YOU KNOW!"
Strangely enough, some hipster kid in front of Bailey's desk was listening in on us. "You two need couples counseling."

Bailey and I took our attention off of each other to this mysterious, nosy kid.

"Who the fuck are you to be listening in on our conversation?", Bailey said.
He didn't turn around just yet and continued to read his humongous book. "You guys are just really distracting. It's hard to focus when you two are going at it."
BB rolled her eyes and replied with "Piss off."

This is why she doesn't have friends outside of the team. She's a total douche unless there's a gold reason not to be.
Permanently hating humanity because of her childhood. Bullying and being adopted ruined her.

"Hey I'm just sayin." He placed his book on his desk and turned around to face us.

~Has this guy been getting any sleep??! Actually I didn't get any sleep today either~

The yellow and green beanie kept me from taking this guy seriously. His blue jean jacket was horrendous as well. The only thing stopping me from laughing out loud was his shoes. Converse.
"If you wanna talk about something as confidential as this... you probably shouldn't do it in a classroom full of nosy, pikichating bimbos."
"Kinda like you?"
"Yep. Kinda like me. Except I don't use social media." He threw up an outdated peace gesture and returned to a book the size of Asgard's code of conduct.
Bailey nearly took her eyes out of their sockets at this guy's nonsense and said, "I guess we should WHISPER now." In the most sarcastic way possible. "Like I was saying, tell me Pete. Is she a girl from one of your por-"
"Don't. Just don't. I can't tell you because I'm trying to look out for you. It's as simple as that."
"Gwen said we can take care of ourselves and we can."
"I don't care what Gwen says. Wai-"
"Oooo I'm tellinggggg."
I gently smiled at her. "You wouldn't dare."
"You're right. I care too much."