Why We Do The Things We Do

*ισ иσт σωи тнє ¢нαяα¢тєяѕ ¢яєαтєву мαяνєιи тнιѕ fαиfι¢тισи*

SPIDER-MAN: HIGHSCHOOL 2
Chapter 18- Why We Do The Things We Do

SEVERAL MONTHS AGO

"Oh Peter... if you only knew."
"If I only knew what? How much you're lying to me right now? Sarah and I are friends and-and-and you're just trying to stop us.", I hollered.
"Peter, that's not true at all." She spoke as if she's been waiting to say this to me for weeks. The way she regurgitated everything felt planned and artificial!
"Please it's not true! I'll show you."
By then I was already on the bus looking my reserved seat with Ms. Wilner. It was going to be one heck of a trip. Oscorp is my dream job, everything I study is from Oscorp, everything I BREATHE is from Oscorp. Uncle Ben and I drive by occasionally and it's a magnificent sight. It's kind of the only thing I have left of my parents who worked there twenty four seven. Richard and Mary Parker.

To my surprise--Sarah was sitting next to someone on the bus, yet she said that seat was for me and me only. She said that seat was for me... Peter Parker.

~Maybe she forgot. No she couldn't of. We're best friends. She's my best friend~

I sunk into an empty seat that was dying to be sat in. The open window heated the blue seat and nearly seared it, along with my butt, to death. Cindy wasn't too far behind me seeing as she started to approach my seat seconds after I chose it. We were in the VERY back of the bus on the left column. "Is this seat taken?", Cindy said with a coy smile.
"Yes, it is in fact taken.", I replied as I placed my backpack to the left of me and scooted over to the edge.
"Don't be such a cunt. Scoot!"
I did as she commanded and began to ignore her for a couple of minutes. That is until she took my bookbag and threw it behind the seat on the emergency exit, since we're at the back of the bus this is possible. No one was near us. Only the brightest kids get to go on the trip to Oscorp, so it was a pretty empty bus.
"What the heck! You could've hurt Steve!"
"Didn't your parents work at Oscorp?"
"Yeah they did."
"Is that why you want to be a scientist? To carry on the Parker name?"
"Are you psychoanalysing me?"
"Maybe..."
"Well how about you psychoanalyse my bookbag back to me please."
"Nah." Cindy proceeded to move closer to me, filling the gap my bag created.
"I like Sarah... not you."
"I don't care what you like."
"I will scream 'help' if you touch me!" I lifted my leg and tried to kick her back to her respected side of the seat.
"Hey! No kicking! Against the rules. Kind of like that volcano Flash built in that science fair a couple months ago." Waves, a butt-load of waves full with nostalgia overthrew my body's natural instinct to shut people out.
"That was hilarious!", I said with joy. "Flash really is dumb!"
"He reused the same volcano his cousin Eddie did. He's such a dumbass!"
"You know Cindy... you're not so bad. You don't ignore me like everyone else does. Even when we first met and my Aunt May talked to your parents about random stuff, you didn't walk away and pretend like I wasn't there... pretend like I'm just a weirdo. I-I can be so much more."
"I know Pete. That's why you have to see this." She took her phone out of her pocket, the latest edition. I felt my flip phone through the fabric on my shorts, feeling envious of her fortune.
"Look at this." She held her phone up and revealed PikiChat... the worst app known to science. I don't have it. I don't believe my phone can support the app. I ask Cindy what this is supposed to mean.
"Oh! That's my bedroom. Sorry wrong app and picture."
"I bet fifty dollars I'm the first guy to see your bedroom."
"If I had my wallet I'd give it to you. Now... look at this."

**********
"Hey kid! How about giving me a hand!", Daredevil said as he fought the beast I've subconsciously named 'The Lizard'. My head didn't hurt that much anymore as Ava held me--fearing for my life.
"So you're telling me I didn't do anything? I-I didn't change the past?"
Ava's face underneath the armor-like mask must've been nothing short of wooly. "Spider-Man what the hell are you talking about?!"

~I must've gotten hit so hard I imagined myself as that weird guy in the closet a month ago... it felt so real... I don't know. Ugh~

"Nothing. Nevermind."
"Whatever? Come on!"
I regained my balanced and ran with White Tiger to aid DD in battle. Punches, kicks, and sais were all thrown to stop The Lizard. I shot two weblines with both hands and catapulted myself landing a stunning blow. Daredevil took this opportunity to stab a Sai into the forearm of the villain. Using the arm as leverage, DD jumped and landed on Lizard's head. Before Matt could kill the monster, a gun went off. I wasn't shot, but shocked my spider-sense did go off. I quickly ran over to Ava, who was standing near the Lizard's tail, and saw that she was okay. A barrage of gunshots went off in the tunnel. I grabbed Ava and saw Matt guiding us towards some secret entrance. He tried to yell over the gunshots, but failed. I couldn't hear what he said... I could only feel the sudden burn near my thigh.

I was shot.

Bleeding profusely, I threw Ava towards Daredevil and collapsed on the ground.
Ava screaming and calling for me slowly started to die out as my vision was consumed by darkness. The last thing I saw in the real world was what seemed like an army of men and a tall man. A very VERY tall man with a diamond cane. "Ehhh... take this young man to 'special projects'. We've got business to attend to."
The way he spoke was slow and every word was emphasized. Another man, behind me, replied with a yes sir 'Mr. Kingpin'.

It was at this moment I knew...

I fucked up.

**********
Do you understand now, Peter?", Cindy asked.

I was distraught. Total distraught and distress. Hate messages towards me in a group chat I've never seen before, about a guy whose name I've never heard her mutter not once, for a reason I can't understand, I was so distraught I nearly wanted to confront her about it. But what good would that do for me? Puny, penis, pathetic Parker wouldn't be able to stand up to a girl like Sarah Wilner. So I buried my emotions and ignored Cindy.

Peter are you okay? Can you answer me? Hello? Say something? Please?

I knew what song I wanted to play after the recent discovery that Sarah was just using me.

"Cry Baby" by The Neighbourhood.

JWfss1