The Legacy Virus

*ισ иσт σωи тнє ¢нαяα¢тєяѕ ¢яєαтєву мαяνєιи тнιѕ fαиfι¢тισи*

SPIDER-MAN: HIGHSCHOOL 2
Chapter 24- The Legacy Virus

"Where the hell are your friends?", Matt asked Gwen.

Raj, Matthew, Gwen, and I were in front of Oscorp Tower. People scattered everywhere made a desperate attempt to flee the scene. Norman Osborn made a public announcement that I, Spider-Man, was terrorizing the campus. How can someone be so shady? I don't know. He's the one who's working with Wilson Fisk for reasons unknown.

"She got my message. I don't know where she i- THERE! There they are."

A car with a rental tag pulled up to us, or at least attempted to with all of the chaos and confusion going on. I could hear people screaming my name, Spider-Man, as I got into the middle seat of the surprisingly clean rental. I would've expect Raj to have spilt a Stan smoothie or a Burger Planet slushie permanently staining the carpet.
"Get us the hell outta here!", Gwen demanded. Security from Oscorp came rushing outside with riot shields and tasers.
"Drive drive drive drive!"
"Wait what about that guy?", MJ asked.
It was a man running out of Oscorp with a shredded pieces of cloth covering his shoulder. He was covered in a disgusting, thick yellow goo resembling mucus. His arm was missing. He didn't look like a threat... rather he was trying to escape.
"Fuck him! We gotta survive on our own!", Raj hollered.
"No no no! We're not leaving innocences behind again.", Gwen said. "Open the door."
Ava turned her head to the back seat and disagreed with Gwen, although she didn't verbally say it. The doubtful stare into Gwen's soul made her way into mine when she questioned if I trusted her.
"Open it.", I said. "My brain isn't tearing me into two right now... so why not."
Ava sighed and unlocked the door which allowed the stranger, who was banging on the door like a maniac, to get in and haul ass with us.
"T-Thank you for saving me, Spider-Man.", The stranger whispered to himself. I'm certain his voice didn't travel to the front two seats where Ava and Matthew sat.
"It's no problem. We had plenty of room. What's your name?", I asked carefully. Although my spider-sense weren't going off, my human ones were. The torn shirt, broken glasses, messy brown hair, and the sight of that yellow goo made my skin crawl leaving a trail of goosebumps. I wanted to take my suit sleeves off and stare at them, knowing they were the most prominent goosebumps I have ever had.
"I'm Connors. Curt Connors. You saved me."
"Yeah it's no big deal.", Gwen said. There was no room for Curt to sit so Gwen had to sit somewhere else. Somewhere else being my lap. It's called self control--by the way.
"You mean like THE Connors? The one from Oscorp that studies Lizard... D.N...A..."

~Oh my God! He's the Lizard from this morning! The yellow goo! The torn shirt! How could I of been so blind~

I flung Gwen over to Raj's seat and attacked Connors. My elbow pinned his face down while my knee was prohibiting him from moving his legs.
Gwen got off of Raj and snatched my arm off of the elephant in the room... or car. "P- Spider-Man, what are you doing!"
"He's the Lizard! Curt Connors is a scientist at Oscorp. He's probably here to kill us all!"
"Stop stop! I'm not here to kill anyone! Norman... Norman is the enemy! Not me! He's behind everything!"
"*Sigh* Explain yourself." I let go of his throat, but kept a firm grip on his arm... one of them.
"Norman is not a scientist like everyone knows him for."
"Yeah no shit Sherlock.", Mary Jane replied.
"Norman is attempting to sell his own virus and it's working. The Legacy virus."
"I remember that.", Matt said. "Friends of mine. Mutant. It's highly contagious."
"How come I don't have it?", I questioned.
"I-I don't know."
"He's lying. Kick him out of the car!", Ava said as she came to a screeching halt.
"He's telling the truth!", Matthew said.
"And we're supposed to go off of what you say just because you can hear a heart beating?! Yeah no! This Lizard demon nearly killed me!"
"He nearly killed me too!", He said in defense. "He isn't lying."
"T-The first wave of the Legacy Virus was meant to target mutants. Norman needed to see if the plan would work first."
"What plan?", I demanded.
"You really don't know anything do you?! Norman is creating the virus to make profit off of the people he infect. He's killed majority of the remaining mutants and he's moving onto civilians. Without any superheroes after the Judgement Event... no one can stop him. We're all going to be slaves to the Legacy virus, it's temporary cure, and the need to rely on Norman Osborn.

**********
When we got back to the precinct, no one was waiting. Not even Aunt May. She'd been working the entire time and is coming back soon. Ava, Matt, Mary Jane, and Raj went back their respectful places. What Dr. Connors said changed everything. We can't just go after Wilson Fisk. Norman Osborn's Legacy virus will be mass produced and launching soon. Too soon for the police to do anything about it.

"Do you believe what Connor's said?", Gwen asked me when she reached for a bottle of rubbing alcohol.
"I do."
"How are we going to stop Norman and Wilson?"
"One step at a time, Gwen."
"Can you lift your leg up and place it here?", She said. I did what she wanted but it hurt like hell. She was stitching the bullet wound I got today.
"You're lucky you didn't get hit in an artery."
We were sitting on the floor of my room, behind my bed, laying extremely close to each other.
"I'm lucky to have you.", I told her.
The rubbing alcohol seeped into my leg.
"Ow ow ow! Ow!!!"
"Be quiet!"
"Easy for you to say!" The scent of the alcohol choked me up and made me cough. Gwen's summer aroma couldn't overpower it. Her beauty can. Her hair was in a ponytail and fell over her shoulder. The green in her eyes is my weakness. I wanted her, nothing else in the world right now... so I leaned in and felt on her shoulder.
"Easy..."
"I am."
"Just let me help you."
"I don't care about my leg right now.", I whispered into her neck.
"Focus."
"You know you don't want to either.", I joked. "I'm Spider-Man. I'm not going to die by a bullet to the leg."
"I like Spider-Man. But I lo- I like Peter mor-"
"What were you about to say?"
"Nothing." She looked away and avoided my eyes. I kissed her on her cheek and asked a second time.
"I said like. I like you."

~I love you~

"Yeah... I like you too."
"Are you sure your leg is okay?" She placed her hand on my upper thigh and slowly... slowly eased her way up the lower half of my Spider-Man suit.
"It'll be okay."
"That's good... that's... good. I- I -um- I thought you were going to die today. I thought I lost you."
"You won't lose me, Gwen."
"Yeah but... what if you lose me?"
Her hand slipped away, showing that we were losing intimacy in the conversation.
"You're not going anywhere. Kingpin will be stopped and so will Norman Osborn."
"And after that?"
"After that..." I grabbed her hand and placed a gentle kiss on it. "After that we can do whatever."
"Can we be with each other? A-All the way? Wait wait no not that way. I-I mean like... ugh."
"It's okay. Yeah."
"Yeah?"
"Yeah why not?"
"You're amazing Peter Parker. Get some rest. Please.", She said as she headed back to her room. I grabbed her arm and brought her to my chest. We kissed. Everytime I kiss her I feel the same way I do when we first kissed. The connection, the warmth, and the love.
"You're so perfect. When I go to sleep I pray that you'll be by my side, Gwen."
"Peter..."
"Yes?"
"That was the most cheesiest thing I've heard today. Maybe even this week."
"Get out hahaha."

Maxine left my room. Today was such a long day. I lost Bailey, I lost Steve, I got shot, Norman Osborn is committing mass genocide, a mutant Lizard was on the loose, and Wilson Fisk is getting closer and closer to taking over the underground. What could possibly make this day go worse?

A text.

From Liz Allan.

Liz- ur on tv

Me- How?

Liz- it says spiderman fleeing from oscorp. breaking news.
Liz- stop pretending

Me- I don't understand. I've been at the Precinct all day

Liz- i went the the precinct today and asked a guy named Buzz where you were
Liz- he said he. didn't. know...
Liz- seems a little suspect

Me- What do you want from me

Liz- i want you
Liz- i have a recording of you telling gwen about your powers

Me- So you'll expose me?

Liz- you already think I'm crazy. why not
Liz- be with me

~Oh man... this day~

JWfss1