The Sewer

*ισ иσт σωи тнє ¢нαяα¢тєяѕ ¢яєαтєву мαяνєιи тнιѕ fαиfι¢тισи*

SPIDER-MAN: HIGHSCHOOL 2
Chapter 14- The Sewer (M)

"Oh shit, that feels so... so amazing." Ava's breathy whispering filled the entire room we were in. My room. It's only the two of us. Since security is tight around this block now--I had to convince Buzz to let Ava in... at One in the morning. I'm up so late because it's Friday now! November eleventh. I actually survived an entire week of high school! The beginning days are always pretty bland and uneventful, and this year was no exception. Flash Thompson is still in the hospital because of his broken forearm, but I overheard a group of his posse that he's coming back next Monday. Gwen is still haunted over her last encounter with Eddie Brock, who just so happens to be Flash's cousin. Small world for such an enormous city. She's also mortified over Liz Allan, the girl I use to lust over back before all of 'this' started happening.

Ava's breathing became louder and louder and raspier and raspier.
"Harder."
"Any harder and I'll actually hurt you." I commented as I continued massaging her SHOULDERS. Ha.
"I'll put my amulet on. Fuckkkk... how are you so talented?"
"Parker luck, I guess."
"Huh?"
"Inside joke."
"Hey, I didn't tell you this earlier.", She said.
I attempted to take this time to rest my fingers, but she drew my hand back to her shoulders as soon as I stopped massaging them.
"I feel a little weirded out asking you who you'd date if you didn't have Gwen. That was... stupid and foolish of me, BUT would you choose me?"
"I don't know. Is there an 'all of the above' option?"
"Funny. Seriously--would you?" The desperation in her voice is something a bit new to me. Heck, she's a new person to me. A week ago, I didn't even know Ava Ayala existed. She moved a part of her black hair out of her eye to see me.
"I would choose you. I chose you."
"Woah. Oh."

~Shit. Did I say something wrong again~

"W-What's wrong?"
A quick "Nothing" was her only response.
"Can you tell me?"
"You'll just tell Gwen."
"Probably."
"Don't. Don't tell her like you did the last time."
"I can't promise that. We're a team remember."
"Yeah but whatever. Forget it."
I stopped rubbing her shoulders and rolled off my air mattress onto the hard carpet floor. "I'm staying here until you draw it."
Ava corkscrewed off of the bed like a ballerina and onto the floor with me. Her body was hovering over me like a satellite of mine, but we weren't touching. Inches felt like millimeters.
"You're a little too close for comfort, Ava."
"I love you."

~What~

"What?!"
"I. Love. You."
"The hell? No you don't!"
"Yes, I do."
"Dude, no you don't. You have to be joking right now."
"This is why I didn't want to tell you. You'd just become a meanie pants! Forget it. Pretend it never happened."
"You're serious? You sound like a five year old child."
"I'm serious, Peter."
"You-You don't even know me. You met me not even a week ag-"
"I KNOW! I KNOW! I KNOW! I KNOW!" Her temper tantrum was unexpected, but wasn't out of the ordinary. Instead of laying over me, she sat on my... and stayed there, unaware or aware of what she was doing. It was working, but that's another story. She started moving back and forth on top of me. I'm not gonna lie... nevermind.
"Are you really trying to seduce me in the same building as my girlfriend?"
"No, I just... I guess I don't know what love is. I thought we had something special. Please-- love me back."
I slid from underneath Ava, picked her up, and gently returned her to my bed. Knowing that she was completely out of her mind, I made an effort to adapt to her 'sleepy' language--forcing her to understand me a bit better.
"You're tired, Ava. Sleep deprivation is a normal thing among us teenagers. How about you go to sleep at the precinct tonight."
"I'm not tired! I wanna do it."
"Excuse me?"
"Let's do each other."