The Beginning of the End (Part 2)

*ισ иσт σωи тнє ¢нαяα¢тєяѕ ¢яєαтєву мαяνєιи тнιѕ fαиfι¢тισи*

SPIDER-MAN: HIGHSCHOOL 2
Chapter 10- The Beginning of the End (Part 2)

"Peter, can you hear me? It's Raj. We're still in the library. Are you two at the precinct yet? Who's attacking? What do they look like? Is your suit cool? I think it's cool? Isn't it coo-"
"Rajit?", I asked trying to be patient.
"Yeah? Please put one of the girls on the mic."
"Fine. Here's Bailey."

Ava and I were approaching the precinct. Cops everywhere. The day barely started and there's already a gun fight. The sun's beams of light through the clouds was too beautiful for a day like this.

"We're here Bailey. It seems like a hostage situation. No one is going inside or out. What do we do?"
"Uhhh, I don't know?! I'm here for encouragement, injuries, and gathering material for your suit not a goddamn hostage situation!"
"Ugh, put Gwen on the mic."

Ava and I landed on a rooftop across from the precinct. The building I used to shoot off my old grappling gun to get to Cindy's house. She would know what to do at a terrible time like this.

"Peter, it's Gwen. What's going on?"
"The precinct is surrounded by other cops. The S.W.A.T. team is here. How do we get inside and save everyone?"
"I- I- I... try going through the ventilation ducts and map out what you see."
"Thanks Gwen. We'll keep you posted. By the way, thanks for the suit. I gotta say... It's awesome."
"You're welcome. Now go save my dad!"

I took my mask off and walked over to Ava. She didn't say a word since she let me borrow her glove.
"Hey, you can have your glove back. I'll be fine from here. I think."
"Ssshhhh."
"Wha-"
"I'm processing."
I kneeled beside her and smirked a little.
"Processing what hehe. Gwen gave us a really good plan to follow."
"I have my own plan.", she said in a harsh tone.
"We didn't come here to fight and disagree, Ava."
"You're right. I came here because of Fisk. He needs to die and his men are in there. I'm sure of it."
"How do you know?"
"I also fixed my X-ray vision with the money I stole. My mom would've been pissed if I came home with it broken. I had to take matters into my own hands and I need to do the same for this one too."
"Yeah don't remind me. Let's just use Gwen's plan ok? It'll be a lot safer for us and the hostages."
"NO! My plan. My rules. I need to impress mom."
Confused as hell-- I ask, "You're doing this for your mom?"
"You wouldn't understand. You either do your own plan alone or follow me. Choose now."
"Think of the hostages please!"
"Fuck them. This is for my family."
"You're absolutely insane!", I said before she ran off. I threw my mask on and called the team. "Gwen! Ava went rogue and is jeopardizing everything. She could get the hostages or herself killed."
"WHAT?!? Class is about to start. Ugh, I'll ask to go to the bathroom when I *sneeze* get there. I'll tell everyone else to do the same so we can help you."
"Thank you. I'm gonna try to get through to Ava. That's if I can find her though."
"Please do. My dad's life may be on the line ok. Please Peter."
"If he's in there--I promise I'll get him out. I promise."
"Thank you!"

I pressed all of my fingers on the web-shooters' pad and noticed the pad was only wide enough and designed for two fingers. I just used my ring and middle fingers instead. It worked like a charm. Perfect.

**********
"May I go to the bathroom, sir?", I asked right after Peter told me what happened with Ava The police department needs the team's help. Ava turned and went against the genius, thought out plan I created. I really can't stand her. It's so obvious she wants Peter! It took me five months to start liking him, yet it took her a fucking day and she's trying to side chick her way into our relationship. Ugh.