Fisk Tower

*ισ иσт σωи тнє ¢нαяα¢тєяѕ ¢яєαтєву мαяνєιи тнιѕ fαиfι¢тισи*

SPIDER-MAN: HIGHSCHOOL 2
Chapter 2- Fisk Tower

The nightmare tortured me back to a powerless kid again. The death of my uncle replays over and over in my head constantly, but this time I couldn't beat nor shake that feeling of pure despair. It's three AM in a pitch-black void. I--Peter Parker--can't sleep. The only thing I can do is cry. Just let it out. Just let it out and pretend it never happened. The tears that fell onto my thighs and feet were cold and thin. I kept my head in the pockets between my forearm and bicep.

~Just go back to believing Uncle Ben is in the hospital. He'll be back soon~

Somehow, masking the truth and my feelings takes everything away. With no emotions, I can't get hurt. It's impossible to. With that in mind, I laid back and dreamt of a happier place. A happier time. A time when Cindy was still alive. Even when Bailey only liked me as JUST a friend. My parents raised me properly instead of leaving me and dying in a plane crash.

"Calm down Peter... don't be mad at yourself. You couldn't have predicted any of this. God, I'm going crazy."

My alarm startled me.

~Could I have been awake and talking to myself for nearly three hours? Nah~

My suspicion was true. The nightmare kept replaying in my head for three hours.

~School? School! Gahhh! I'm not ready for today. I never thought school would ever come. I need like... fifteen more minutes of sleep~

Not even a minute later, my door also tried to end me with a fatal, surprise heart attack.
"PETER IT'S TIME TO GET UP! YOU KNOW THE ROUTINE! FAMILY PHOTO!!!!"
"Can I PLEASE have like... no school today?"
"I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that. Get your butt off that bed and get dressed! We don't want to be late for the first day! I wasn't able to make it the first time, but now I can!"
"God, Aunt May please! School isn't even that fun. I can basically teach everything on my grade level!"

Both of us went back and forth like a pinball arcade game until she just stopped screaming at me from behind the door. I lost the argument. There's no going against Aunt May when her mind is made up. Kinda makes me scared for the future of Spider-Man. Captain Stacy hates 'him' and she does too. I don't think the citizens of New York care for Spider-Man. There hasn't been any publicity for 'him' since the Martin fiasco, and I'm sure no one even knows what REALLY went down that night. Saving the world from catastrophic events isn't something I'm trained to do, and I hope nothing like that will ever happen again. Stuff like what The Avengers used to handle ain't my type of style. Aliens and other dimensional beings things are too much for a fifteen-year-old high school student. I'm glad no one knows that I saved the city. Who am I kidding... Cindy saved the city. I should've died that night.

A barrage of texts came through.

Gwen- did u sleep well
Gwen- r u even awake
Gwen- im comin in ur room dude

A faint whisper came through the cracks of my door as soon as I finished the last message. "Peter, open the door."

~Jesus! Can the women of my life give me a couple more minutes to sleep~

"Coming." I cracked the door open just enough to let her see the sand in my eyes.
"Open the door hahaha. I want your opinion on my outfit and which bookbag it should go with."
"I'm really ti-"
"And I really don't care. We planned this out remember?! Open the door, Pete."
"Ok fine." I turned my lamp on and felt like Caliban from the X-Men team.
"God your room is dirty, dude. When I first moved in with you guys it wasn't THIS bad."
"Yea yea I know. That purple bag goes well with the lime green jacket."
"Ewwww no! I'd look like a clown. The green should go with the pink!"
"Then why even ask me? You know I'm terrible at this."
Gwen placed her outfits on my single chair. "Why did you comfort me so much when I had that panic attack?"
"Are you serious right now?"
"I was going to be fine... *sigh* No I wasn't. When we go back to school today, everyone is going to be spreading that shit like an air-born virus. I don't even want to look at my PikiChat. I logged outta that a couple of weeks ago."
"Who cares what the school gossip thinks, Gwen? We can see each other at school. We can confirm their suspicions and be boyfriend and girlfriend outside of the precinct now."
"I kinda liked it being our secret. Did you? By the way, yesterday, were you really in the shower for that long?"
"Yes and no. Wait. I mean no and yes."
"I hope no one asks if Peter Parker is Spider-Man. I'd be so obvious."