The Beginning of the End (Part 3)

*ισ иσт σωи тнє ¢нαяα¢тєяѕ ¢яєαтєву мαяνєιи тнιѕ fαиfι¢тισи*

SPIDER-MAN: HIGHSCHOOL 2
Chapter 11- The Beginning of the End (Part 3)

~Did he say 'I'm gonna be rich'?!? Who the hell is paying this guy to come after me? And if I can't beat Ava in a fight... but this guy just took her out... then I'm toast! Absolute toast~

"Peter are you ok?!", Gwen asked from inside the school.
"I'm fine! Hey look man! I'm sure this all a big misunderstanding! You see... I -um- I... I don't know what else to say.", I mumbled to myself while picking up Ava and tossing her on my shoulder. Without hesitation or regard for any of the innocent cops behind me, Shocker lifted both of his hands and sent waves of... static? They looked like vibrations. I was too busy trying to figure out how he was trying to kill me rather than AVOIDING it and was struck by his attack. Although the Shocker looks like a comic joke, his power isn't. After I was blasted across the precinct like a ragdoll, I stood up and noticed my left arm was out of place or broken. It didn't hurt as much as The Vulture's blades, but the pain was too overwhelming. I'm guessing his funky outfit was protection against himself. Jean and the rest of the cops weren't hurt too bad. They managed to escape and make it outside. I couldn't see where Ava's body went.

~I wouldn't want to imagine what it's like to face those blasts at point blank range. Actually... wait a minute Parker... you may have solved this problem~

"Hey sofa cushion! If you want to be rich, then you can sell your costume to a furniture store!"

~Not the best joke in the world Peter. I just need him to get mad~

"If I knew killing you would be this easy, I would've done it without the gauntlets. Hand to hand is a lot better and personal."
"Your southern accent is killing me more than your shockers ever would!"
"MY SOUTHERN ACCENT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS."
Shocker attempted to kill me again, but I was prepared this time. As soon as he charged his gauntlets--I covered them with my webs--sending the bone breaking vibrations back at him. I actually thought I killed him for a second until paramedics said his entire body went into shock after both his arms were turned into powder. Still no sign of Ava.

"Thank you Spider-Man.", Jean said as I struggled to open the door and get out of the Precinct. "You saved my life possibly and all of the other cops in there too."
"No biggie -argh- it's what I do." I held my broken arm and tried not to let the pain overwhelm me.
"You know... maybe you are a good per-"
"Hold it right there Spider-Man!", Captain Stacy said through a N.Y.P.D. megaphone. "You were spotted at the scene of a bank robbery, ran from the police, and you decide to take the law into your own hands, therefore being a vigilante."
"Awww come on! I legit just helped bring in the Shocker! I freed the hostag-"
"Surrender NOW or we will use deadly force to bring you to justice!"

I would love to get back at Captain Stacy after him drunkenly attacking me some time ago, but he's still Gwen's father and the Captain of the N.Y.P.D. There's no way I'd ever have the cops on my side if I took him out.
"Sorry Mr. Stacy but I gotta run. Maybe next time?", I joked. Using my web-shooters--I spun a web, ran and jumped off the roof of police cruiser as a boost, and was on my way back to school with no sign of Av-
"Ava!" I could see her laying on a distant rooftop alone. Thank Odin. I let go of my web and landed gracefully right beside her. She didn't move muscle and had her mask off. Both of them. She was crying.

"Hey... are you ok?", I asked as I put my hand on her left shoulder.
"Does it look like I'm okay?!" Her ponytail dragged along her back as she turned her head to face me. Her back was against the rooftops brick guardrail. Her head was tucked into her knees and her arms covered the rest of her face.
"What's wrong?"
"If I can't even beat a low life with wrist shockers, how the hell am I going to beat Kingpin? There's no use in trying. I should just go back home so mom can..."
"So your mom can what?"
"You wouldn't understand. You have it better than I do. I don't even have real super powers."
"That's... that's... bullshit.", I let out.
"Shut up Peter. Your Aunt doesn't bloody abuse you for crying out loud!"
I snatched my mask off of my face quick and began to think I was going crazy.
"Your mom does what?"
"She hits me when she gets mad. Hard. Stop. I've never told anyone this. You're just going to tell your GIRLFRIEND like you did my identity!"
"Hey, hey no I won't. I muted my mic, so they can't hear us talking. Eventually we're going to tell someone. Your mom isn't getting awa-"
"No! She'll just come and find me!" More and more tears began to run down her face.