The Incomplete Note

The Super Six departed in different times of the next day, Friday, for school. Boboiboy split to three: Lightning, Wind and Earth. Lightning was to go to the Private School of Thunderis, Wind to the Private School of Blazeland, and well, you know what's left for Earth...

Since no one would be at home today, Ochobot and Alxebot had no choice but to follow a member of the Super Six to school. Ochobot would be following Earth, and Alxebot had chosen to go with Gopal. Lia too had just healed from her recent sickness, and will be leaving for her school, the Private School of Thornis.

As Earth sat down at his usual seat at school, Ethan looked at him curiously.

"Changed your style today, did you?" Ethan asked, eyeing Boboiboy's hat and coat, which was brown today.

"Hehe, yeah. Brown's also my favourite colour, second to orange," Earth smiled.

"Oh..." Ethan nodded. "What you gonna do anything on Super Six d-"

But at that same time Boboiboy said, "Sorry to say this bu-"

"You say first," both of them said together.

"No, you go first," they said again.

"Fine. I'll say mine first." Ethan hesitated. "Are you gonna do anything for Super Six day?"

"Um..." Earth thought for a while. "I might- uhh I don't think so I'll do anything much. Maybe be more cheery?" Earth tried a smile.

Ethan shook his head, smiling. "I'm going to pay Lonuziq a visit there. My parents said that since it was related to the Super Six, why not give a visit?"

"Oh..."

"So...um...I've been thinking, do you want to follow us? I don't mind at all, and my parents are OK with it," Ethan said hastily, scratching the back of his neck without realising.

"I'm sorry, but I can't..." Earth said sadly.

"Oh, OK, OK, alright with me." Though he didn't really sound he was alright with it, there was a sense of disappointment in his tone.

"I also got something to tell you, though," Earth said quietly into his lap.

"What is it?" Ethan asked, clueless about what he's going to say next.

"I'm...changing school. I'm gonna go to another school next two weeks."

"B-but," Ethan spluttered, thunderstruck by the news. "You can't leave! It's in the middle of our schooling year, you can't leave now!"

"I have to...my family already bought a house in Iceland, and I'm already registered to move to their school two weeks later."

"James..."

"You can still contact me, you have my number, remember?"

At those words, Ethan lightened up and was much joyful before they had the conversation, but Earth couldn't help but notice he has gone a bit quieter than usual. At lunch, Ethan was called off by his other friends to complete a science project, leaving Earth alone to eat for break; but he never knew, that he wasn't alone today...

As Earth sat down at a table in the nearly-empty cafeteria, he removed his unusually bulging and heavy bag and laid it aside. From it, he extracted a mud-stained, black and white football. He left it on the table as he searched even deeper for his lunch box full of goodies Yaya and Ying made for him.

When he had found it at last, and placed it on the table, the football had transformed into a yellow, round robot.

"How was class?" Ochobot asked, flying to Earth's opposite, so that they faced each other square in the face.

"Alright...had an English reading test, and you know...the questions are always weird." Earth prodded his carrot with his fork and lifted it in his mouth to chew.

"Hm...what's about Geography?"

"Geography's always great! Today we studied about the continents, and of course, I'm already familiar with it," Earth said more determinedly this time.

A couple more minutes passed where Earth ate and Ochobot looking around, keen to turn back into a football if someone comes. At last, the bell rang and Earth placed Ochobot back in his bag which he hauled over his shoulders, and marched back to class. What he didn't notice was that he left something behind: his shadow.

***

Wind was in Art class, randomly but smartly splashing paint onto his canvas. After a few minutes' work on it, he finally withdraw to take a better look at it. It was a beautiful scenery of a fish pond by the park. As he continued admiring his random piece of art, several students who were passing by had stopped to take a glance at Wind's work. Well, not really a glance. More and more of them were gathering behind Wind, unnoticed, for they were speechless on his work.

"Hey, what are you guys gathering around here? Go back to your-" The teacher, Ms. Farah, who had noticed the sudden crowd, had bustled over to instruct the students to return to their seats. But once her eyes fell onto Wind's artwork she was found awestruck too.

"Matthew, did you do this?" she whispered.

"Uh..." Wind turned around to find everyone staring at his painting, he was shocked but nevertheless replied the teacher. "Yes, Ms. Farah..."

"That is one masterpiece!" she bellowed, surprising half of the class with her sudden outburst. "This is good...yes, good..." she muttered to herself. "Can I collect your artwork now, sweetheart? Is it finished?" She smiled.

"Sure, I just haven't wrote my name." Wind chuckled nervously.

"Of course, Matthew. After that, bring it to the front of the class so that I can keep it, OK? Go back to your seats now, all of you!" she added to the class.

Students shuffled hastily back to their seats, sometimes Wind caught them glancing at him as he wrote his undercover name, Matthew, at the back of the canvas. As he stood up from his seat, however, something caught his attention. A piece of shredded paper was lying on the ground. He picked it up, giving himself a note to throw this in the bin before he pass his painting to the teacher, but something was written on it. He usually doesn't go looking into other people's stuff, but found himself reading it. On the little paper was written: Your life will. Your life will what?

Frowning, Wind slipped the shredded paper into his pocket and handed the delighted teacher his artwork. He must report this to the team as soon as he gets back. It may be something...but it may be just a piece of garbage, that's all. But there are chances, and he's going to seize it.

***

Lightning was writing a complete two pages essay about the legends of the Lord of Heaven and Hell. It contained all the details of their war, kingdom and rights. Lightning was going to go the next page when several hastily written words were already at the top of the page. He didn't remember writing anything down on the next page before, and it was definitely not in his writing.

If this was some other student trying to scribble in his book and think it is some sort of a joke, he's going to knock the hell out of them. He would find the culprits and punish them off. But when he read the words written, they don't seem to make sense at all. It couldn't be a student's writing, since now he thought of it, every student in the school fears him and daren't even land a finger on his things at all.

Three words were written in black ink: as doom spreads.

"Again?" the History teacher, Ms. Vasinthi, sighed, as the classroom blacked out. "Continue with your work, class. I'll go see what's wrong."

Lightning chuckled nervously as Ms. Vasinthi walked out from the room, muttering words to herself.