The Coffin Beneath the Ocean

Three figures were standing by the shores of a beach of Lonuziq's. The water came splashing up to their feet and retreated, and came and retreated. The Sun had barely rose yet, it was very early in the morning. The stars of the night sky starting to fade away, the salty, ocean air whipping at their faces. It was a very relaxing feeling.

"Are you done yet, Ying?" Yaya squeaked, having for so long keeping the same pose.

"Hold on, don't move! A few more secs..."

Ying took a photo of Fang and Yaya's shadow by the beach with her phone. She took one with a click and, finally satisfied after their tenth shot, slipped it back in her jeans.

"Finally." Fang sighed. "Is this really what girls do?"

"Nope." Yaya replied, shaking her head. "Well, most, but not me."

"Alright," Ying said determinedly, walking to stand between Fang and Yaya to stare at the ocean. "Let's start then, shall we?"

Fang smiled, and Yaya clenched both her fists, which briefly glowed pink.

"Shadow cocoon!"

A burst of shadow ruptured from the sand, and slowly took shape in front of them. It formed the same semicircle Fang made when they were visiting the Gates of Hell, only that this time they weren't on a helicopter, and the shadow cocoon was made smaller because they were only three of them.

Fang was the first to hop in, followed by Yaya, then Ying. The shadow cocoon closed in around them, and no longer later they were enveloped in total darkness.

"Urgh, it's so dark in here. Are they any lights here?" Ying complained.

"No." Yaya said from somewhere at Ying's right. "Boboiboy's not here, so that means that this journey's gonna be a dark one."

"Yay," Ying murmured.

Meanwhile, Fang closed his eyes and from the walls of the shadow cocoon came strings of black, which latched themselves around every possible part of Fang's they could curl around.

In Fang's point of view, he could feel the shadow cocoon and feel where they actually were.

"Yaya," Fang called. "Go straight under."

"Aye, Captain!" Yaya replied happily. Her hands glowed a weak pink and the next thing they knew, she was propelling the shadow cocoon to go deeper from the surface of the ocean. It was getting colder at the moment that Ying and Yaya's teeth were starting to chatter, their bodies shivering every now and then.

"Turn right." Fang said.

Yaya freed her hands that were clipped between her arms for while and moved both of them to the right. Ying, even though she could see nothing but blackness, could feel the cocoon changing course.

"Ah, I think I found it!" Fang shouted suddenly, eyes still closed.

"Really?" Ying said excitedly.

"Yeah. Alright, I'm gonna bring it in..."

The shadow cocoon planted itself on the seabed of the ocean off the shores of Lonuziq and steadily expanded itself so that the grinding of small stones and rocks sounded unusually loud from inside the cocoon.

"M'kay," Fang said. "Got it in. Ying, if you can, try to walk to your right and you'll find the coffin there."

"OK!"

Ying stumbled blindly on larger stones and sometimes uneven sand, her hands held in front of her, trying to touch something wet, cold and hard.

An unusually large stone made her trip, and she fell painfully frontwards on the seabed, letting out a loud "Ouch!"

"OK there, Ying?" Ying heard Yaya call from where she was.

Ying spat out the rocky sand that has gotten itself in her mouth. Scowling at herself, she got up and dusted some sand off her sleeves.

"Yeah, I'm fine!"

She felt the stone that made her trip. She frowned, it wasn't a stone, it was too smooth to be one. Feeling around, she came to a conclusion that it was rectangular and smooth. This must be the coffin.

"I found it, guys!" Ying shouted.

"Good!" Fang's voice said. "Push it back now!"

Ying got behind the coffin and pushed. The seabed was very rough and uneven that it became difficult for her to even move an inch. After several minute's attempts, Ying gave up.

"Yaya, can you help me out?"

"Sure!"

Ying felt something whoosh close by, that must've been Yaya.

"Gravitational bubble!"

The coffin, or what she thinks is a coffin, was enveloped in a pink bubble of Yaya's creation. The coffin floated several feet off the seabed and followed Yaya and Ying back to where Fang was.

"We got it!" Yaya and Ying reported at the same time.

"Now I'll just shrink this cocoon..." Fang muttered.

Stones, twigs and sand rumbled loudly in their ears as the shadow cocoon returned to its normal size. Yaya controlled the cocoon, with Fang's instructions, back to the surface of the water. They broke into the light, and the shadow cocoon opened up the upper half with a wave of a hand.

They hadn't realised how much pressure had been put on them when they were underwater, and the sudden freedom of it made them shocked momentarily. A fine breeze blew, playing with their hair, and the Sun was fully up now, bringing the land to light.

"We should go back to land, before anyone sees us here," Yaya gasped, as a wave of freezing water washed over the cocoon.

Fang coughed, having accidentally drank in some of the seawater, which was totally unpleasant and rough. "A-agreed."

Together with Fang and Yaya's efforts, and Ying's assistance to speed up time, they reached land no more than in a few seconds, when actually it took what seems like thirty minutes of agony.

One by one they jumped off the cocoon, their feet crunching under the golden sand, Yaya supporting the coffin along with her. Once it was done, Fang dissipated the shadow cocoon and fell on his back on the sand, along with the others, like they were in a zombie dance video or something.

"Finally." Ying said, letting out a deep breath as they stared at the blue, clear sky overhead. "Took us almost like forever."

"Easy for you to say," Fang panted, his chest rising and falling rapidly. "We did most of the work."

And when he said 'we', he meant him and Yaya.

"Hey at least I helped."

Together, they brought back the coffin back to their home without being noticed. They rode on the back of Fang's shadow dragon, and flew above the clouds so they would not be seen. Though they had several close calls with aeroplanes appearing out of nowhere from dense clouds. But they were able to change course and flew back to their house in Georgetown in no time.

When they entered their house, totally drained of energy, Ivy was already there.