The Gates of Hell

Once each of the them had reached home, all they did were ignore each other, as if people were suddenly invisible, and closed themselves in their rooms. Boboiboy didn't like this, not a word had been spoken since yesterday night. The house was unusually quiet, with no means of communication between the members. But even in her bad mood, Lia still brought Ivy with her back home, and Boboiboy was sure glad of this. 

"OK," Boboiboy said, after finally convincing Lia that he and Ivy were not doing anything other than a private discussion in his room. "We'll need to call the others out, and tell them it's for...a..."

"A discussion on a performance on Super Six day?"

Boboiboy stared at her as if she had just announced all of them to become a ballerina. 

Ivy shrugged. "It actually seems like a good idea, why not make it-"

"Uhh, for one thing, I don't know about that...but that seems like a pretty convincing idea to get them out to talk!"

"You're welcome?" Ivy smiled crookedly. 

Together, they managed to get all of the members to gather in the living room for a discussion for a 'power show' on Super Six day. They sat, squaring their shoulders, taking as much space as they dare for themselves on the couch as Boboiboy and Ivy stood, facing all of their sour faces.

"As you were told just now, we are gathered here today to discuss about a performance on Super Six. This idea's was Ivy's-" Ivy shot a death glare at Boboiboy, but he went on. "-not mine. So...do you have any ideas on how we're going to-"

"Protect the world?" a voice that sent a shiver up their spine said. 

The powers went out. They all jumped on their feet and looked around for the source of the voice that instance. And it was like before once more, they depended on each other for their safety. Though this wasn't what Boboiboy planned-

A high pitched cackled issued from the walls. "Hello there, Super Six. I bet you're wondering who I am? Yes...this has been my plan all along. So short-sighted, so busy with your inside conflicts, that you didn't realise what has been going on!

Darker shapes, darker than the darkness that enveloped them, moved about the room. They went pass them so quickly that before they could do anything than shoot them glares, they were gone. Suddenly, the large, jet-black television behind Boboiboy and Lia were on. They all stared at it curiously, as it did everything on its own. As if an invisible force was playing with the TV. It changed channels to a new channel: Lonuziq Daily. There, the same news reporter who talked about Super Six day, was talking in a rather frightened tone on the news.

"Reports of paranormal activity has increased since yesterday. There has been nearly two hundred reports of moving shadows, floating objects, possession and so on all over the world. Polices are doing their best to find the solution to this trouble. And please, Super Six, if you are listening, there's no better time to help out now!" 

And with that, the television shut off.

"Foolish isn't it, the Super Six?" said the voice again. "When the world needed help the most, you were busy fighting with each other for everyday conflicts. All so stupid, so short-sighted..."

"What do you want, hah?" Boboiboy demanded angrily.

"Oh, I want nothing. I just want to see how long you guys can stand watching the world get terrified, begging for your help, but you ignoring them."

The lights went on suddenly as the voice ceased almost immediately, its remains echoing not in the room, but in their heads. The Super Six stood dumbstruck. Was it true? Was the world really begging for their help, but they were too ignorant to realise it? 

"Is it true?" Boboiboy asked Ivy.

"I-" Ivy stammered, struggling for words. "It's...true."

Boboiboy's eyes widened. "Why didn't you tell us earlier!"

"I'm sorry!" Ivy apologised desperately. "I thought that the time was not right to tell you, but I've been wanting to warn you all along!" 

"So now what..." Yaya said worriedly.

Everyone exchanged hopeless looks, all except Ivy, who gave a start.

"Give me a second!" she said hurriedly. "Boboiboy, borrow your laptop? Thanks!" 

In a blink of an eye, she dashed off into Boboiboy's room, loudly slamming the door shut behind her.

"What- was that?" Boboiboy asked, dumbfounded, frowning.

"Don't worry. She's like that," Lia reassured. 

Still frowning to himself, Boboiboy now had a doubt whether he should've chosen Ivy as their mortal ally.

***

"I got it! Oh my God, the weird, thingy voice was right, why were we so short-sighted?" Ivy protested more to herself than anyone else, who were waiting half an hour for her to come out from whatever she has done in Boboiboy's room.

"Got what?" Ying asked curiously.

"Ghosts. They were things that are swarming, possessing, and making chaos in the world! But there is one thing I'm not sure about..." Ivy thought so hardly, that her face must had made the others even more curious.

"Not sure about...?"

"Where they come from."

"Well, it's obvious that they come from Hell," Gopal said simply.

"Yalah," Ying said, annoyed at Gopal's slow wits. "You should've known from school that you attend now that the Gates of Hell were sealed long ago."

"Ying's right," Ivy continued professionally. "It was sealed long ago, and ghosts weren't able to trespass the mortal world anymore. So what explains them lurking freely now?"

"Hm..." Yaya thought. "Are you sure there isn't any other ways than the Gates of Hell the ghosts can escape from?"

Ivy shook her head. "That is the only entrance and exit-"

"Then that means, the Gates of Hell must've opened once more!"

Even though he knew it was impossible, the situation they are in now grasped the possibility of his theory being true.

"But Boboiboy," Ivy said gently. "What about the Chains of Immortality?"

"Uhh..."

It was another fact, that the Gates of Hell were sealed by the impossible-to-be-broken Chains of Immortality, made by Lord Gonzalu, Lord of Heaven, to seal off Lord Hallela and his ghosts after winning the war to decide fate for the mortals. It was known nowadays in Mythical History by the name of 'War of Fate'.

"Maybe it's shattered? They're still chains after all-"

"-of immortality." Ivy stated sternly.

Boboiboy heaved a sigh. "It's just a possibility, and what if I'm right?"

"I'll believe you once you have facts to back you up, not opinions, facts."

Suddenly Boboiboy had the verge to inform her that he's the leader here, but wanting to settle this quickly, he said, "Fine. The rest of you all, kill off any ghosts you can see using your Light Soul form. And Ivy-"

Ivy's eyebrow had been travelling further and further up her forehead ever since he had said her name.

"-we'll need to find the Gates of Hell."