Definition of Doom

When he reached home, Earth was greeted with an outburst from his fellow friends that knocked him off his feet.

"Haish...can you guys keep it down?" Earth sighed, sprawled on the doorstep.

"Sorry, Boboiboy!" Gopal chuckled, pulling Earth by the legs in while Fang quietly closed the door shut.

"What's up?" Earth asked curiously, getting up to his feet.

"Something important." Lightning said without emotion, his arms crossed.

"Yeah, Earth! You gotta take a look at this!" Yaya handed Earth over a piece of shredded paper that wrote: source of drowning doom.

"Source of drowning doom?" Earth repeated, utterly puzzled.

"Not just only that, Earth," Ying said.

"Ha-ah," Wind agreed. "We all got a couple of words with no meaning alone-"

"-but when put together," Fang continued, a hand on the rim of his glasses. "They could mean something."

"What do you think, Earth?" Lia asked timidly.

Earth's brain was trying to adapt itself to the sudden need of his brain to work hard again. It was like an old engine being kick-started again. He hadn't done this a while, so it took him some time to completely register the many information that was shoved under his nose.

"Lightning, Wind, we'll need to form back to one first," Earth said sternly.

Lightning and Wind didn't argue, and formed back to one with Earth. Instantly Boboiboy regretted his action. His mind was now crammed with the thoughts of Lightning and Wind too.

"OK, OK," he said, trying to sound sane. "Head to the meeting room and we'll try to merge the words together and see what they mean."

"OK!" everyone said.

***

Together they took out each a shredded paper with words written in black ink onto the table. After jumbling them several times, they have come to conclusion the sentence was: Your life will be at stake as doom spreads. Only way to stop it is to find the source of drowning doom. They gathered around the small table to read it.

"Doom...they say doom like it's something. But what?" said Fang, his brows furrowed.

"Drowning doom. Sounds like we need to die to solve this." Lia shuddered.

"But we hadn't had anything bad lately, right? Maybe something would happen soon, and this is a warning..." Boboiboy said thoughtfully.

The Super Six looked at each other, exchanging worried looks. 

"I think we should put this case aside first," Yaya suggested. "We have other things to worry about for the moment, like Super Six day, moving shadows and school."

"I don't know...this seems serious to me," Fang said uneasily, looking at the papers in disgust which were taped together as if its a contagious dead rat.

"I think Yaya's right," Boboiboy finally said. "We have other things that should be on our mind right now." He hesitated. "Just keep an eye out for anything odd that might relate to the doom mentioned, and report to me."

"I got something," Ying said, her hand jumping into the air.

"Yes, Ying?" 

"What's about the moving shadows? Could they be doom?"

That was the only thing that Boboiboy too could think of that can be doom now. Nothing else that sounds unusual or dangerous had came by his ear. So he considered it.

"For now, we will take the moving shadows as doom. Although I'm not thoroughly sure, everyone of you, keep an eye out for moving shadows or anything else funny."

"Yes, Boboiboy!" they said aloud.

"Oh, and we'll need a volunteer from each of you for our other mission. Don't forget that. Submit the names on Monday, same time."

They all nodded, indicating that they understood.

A/N: Hope it's a nice chap~ My books might have slower updates nowadays, since I'm back to school. I will try to make it at least one chap per week. Hope you all would forgive me and would still continue reading!