Emerging Victorious

Yaya was shocked on what she saw. Why wouldn't Lord Gonzalu move out of the way, is he insane? She tried stopping, but the momentum kept pushing her onwards. And finally, her fist collided with Lord Gonzalu's bony face, and he fell to the ground.

"Oh no, Lord Gonzalu!" Yaya exclaimed at once, her hands flying to her mouth, shocked at what she had done.

"Lord Gonzalu!" Ying and Fang cried at the same time, as shocked as Yaya herself, rushing over to check on him.

Surprisingly, he wasn't knocked out by the impact, but it had leave behind an awful black and blue spot on his cheek, and it was slightly dented too.

"My Lord, are you OK? I'm so, so sorry," Yaya apologised, helping the groaning Lord Gonzalu back to his feet.

"I'm OK." He coughed, holding onto Yaya for balance, stumbling a little. "It was my fault, I could've dodged it, but the one whom lost must carry a wound with them to show that they truly lost."

"Why?" Ying asked, puzzled, slightly worried that he had gone mad. "You're more powerful than that, aren't you? You could've just defeated us all."

"I could as easily defeat anyone." he said sharply. "But, seeing your battle with me, I can almost feel your teamwork, coordination, and everything else a Light Soul fighter needs, especially determination, to challenge the Lord of Heaven."

He smiled at them all, who still didn't get what was going on.

"But why...why did you let us win?" Fang asked, as calmly as possible, though his voice still shook out of horror at what had just happened.

"Because," Lord Gonzalu boomed, getting to his feet once more, not shaking anymore. "You are worthy for the Chains of Immortality. Congratulations on passing the test, Light Soul fighters, Fang, Yaya and Ying."

A grin was spreading wide across each of their faces. They exchanged gleeful looks, and Ying and Yaya actually cheered.

"Thank you so much, my Lord," Fang said, hoping that Lord Gonzalu would excuse the squealings made by the girls. "It is an honour."

Lord Gonzalu grinned, then turned and trudged over to his throne, where he collapsed in it, looking badly hurt. Fang pitied him for having to go through this just to let them get the Chains of Immortality.

"Angel!" he bellowed.

At once, all the doors leading in and out of the room opened, and the angel whom served Fang, Ying and Yaya rushed in, his head bowed low.

"What is it you require, my Lord?" he muttered.

Even if he did look like he was paying his fullest attention to the battle-worn Lord Gonzalu, Fang could see his eyes flickering rapidly to take a glance at him, Ying and Yaya. He must've been surprised they passed the test that would've chopped their life off the line.

"Get me some...treatment," Lord Gonzalu croaked. "But first, bring in the Chains of Immortality."

"Yes, my Lord." 

The angel, with another bow that made him bend down at such an alarming angle that he might fall, tottered out of the throne room in small, hurried steps. Fang quickly seized this opportunity of nothingness to fetch his purple coat, which laid where he previously left it, in the corner of the room.

"Please," Lord Gonzalu addressed Fang, Ying and Yaya, who got little shocks of being talked to suddenly, after all that had happened. "Take a seat while he fetches your reward."

Suddenly a group of four angels came in from all sides, from white doors that camouflaged with the white walls. Three were holding puffy, comfortable-looking chairs, and the fourth was holding a tray of some sort of drink for the three of them.

"Enjoy." Lord Gonzalu said, before really settling down in his throne, silence settling on them like a thick blanket. 

Fang, Ying and Yaya sat down on their given chairs, and murmured thanks to the angels whom helped carry them. The chair was as comfortable as how they looked. Your bottom wouldn't sink into it completely, and there was this certain bounce to it when you first sat down on it. Fang groaned satisfyingly, looking as though he can doze off any moment now. It was so weird that not even ten minutes ago, they had been fighting for their lives. 

Yaya and Ying took a glass of what seemed to be plain water each, said "Cheers" and took a very long sip from their glasses.

Fang took one for himself too, after forcing himself not to fall into the pit of sleeping, where once you fall into it would never come back up after a long, eight hours of peaceful sleep. He drank it half-heartedly, but there was this weird, sweet taste in it that made it addictive to Fang. 

"What you're drinking is the main drink of Heaven." Lord Gonzalu said out of the blue, nearly making Fang choke. "It's like sky water what you call down there, except that this water has healing advantages."

"Awesome!" Ying and Yaya said together.

Just then a new set of footsteps came in from the main entrance. The three of them craned around to see the angel finally returning with a large, long chain of golden material, that seems to be emitting light itself. Fang, Ying and Yaya couldn't believe that the angel could carry the entire thing itself, it seemed pretty heavy, but the angel just carried it in his arms like carrying a baby.

He halted half a metre away from Lord Gonzalu's throne. Putting one of his leg frontwards, he presented the chains to Lord Gonzalu.

"Here is the Chains of Immortality that you requested, my Lord," he muttered.

"Thank you, angel. Leave it by your feet."

The angel did as he was ordered, then left the room as quickly as possible, as if he didn't want to know what'll happen next.

Lord Gonzalu slowly lifted himself up from his throne, puffing. Yaya, who was in a giggling chat with Ying, saw this, and flew immediately to push him back gently on his throne. 

"Don't worry, Lord Gonzalu," she said soothingly, putting two caring hands on his shoulders. "We can take the chains ourselves. Or else you'll need to feel pain again."

Lord Gonzalu looked up at her through sparkling eyes. "Thank you, Yaya. You are too young to be humble indeed, to be feeling empathy for elders."

Yaya gave a grin before flying over to the chains, which were as light as if it were nothingness, and brought it over to Fang and Ying, who stood waiting for her. 

"Now that we have the chains already, our first mission is done!" Ying said happily.

"Now we have to find something dead." Fang said. "And guess what, I have an idea for that already..." he added rather uneasily, as though scared he might get shouted at for saying his opinion.

"What is it?" Ying and Yaya said in unison.

"A-are you guys fine with the idea of...bringing Astor back to life?"