A Trap?

Boboiboy looked over his shoulder, eyeing Lia and Gopal carefully, and nodded. Both of them understood and got to their positions. 

"I'm going to get this sphere around the gates...just a second..." Fang murmured.

It took some time. Though, slowly, a glint of rusted black appeared on the sphere's shell. Then more of it. After what seemed to be twenty seconds, the shadow sphere has successfully consumed the rusty and mossy Gates of Hell into itself. So far so good.

The Gates of Hell were quite different compared to the one in Heaven: the gates, instead of gleaming, was poorly cleaned and rusted and mossy with age. The two wrought black gates, the entrance to Hell and the Gates of Hell, was prodding slight out from the seabed, and which led to what seemed to be a deserted rocky tunnel that beyond glowed with red.

Once it was done, Fang unhooked himself from the sphere and joined the others. Together in a flash of many colours, they all transformed into their Light Soul form, ready to fight off any ghosts who dare come out. If they weren't in their Light Soul form too, they wouldn't be able to even touch the gates to close it.

Boboiboy stood behind the left gate, while Gopal and Lia were on the right. 

The brown stripe on Boboiboy's pants pulsed, making the white swirls on his coat turn the same colour. His eyes were in the colour of yellow now that gleamed, and next thing they knew, he was in his Quake form. Gopal had different tactics, however, he increased his strength by adding muscles to his arms and legs. 

"Whoa." Lia said, staring Gopal weirdly muscled arms and legs which didn't fit for his body.

"Why? Like these abs?" His muscular hands were about to reach for the bottom of his shirt-

"Ew. No thanks, man." Lia swiped his hands aside from reaching his shirt. 

Gopal's instinct got him, and he caught Lia's wrist tightly in his hands. Lia's eyes widened at this, and the two slowly lifted their heads up to stared thunderstruck at each other. 

Three meters away, Quake stood waiting impatiently. Lia, seeing this for the corner of her eyes, coughed. 

"You can let go of my hand now."

"O-oh," Gopal spluttered, as if snapping out from a day-dream. "Sorry," he muttered.

Lia took her wrist back and massaged it. "Never mind that."

"Can we get back to work already?" Quake shouted, his words echoing loudly in the sphere.

"OK, we'll get to work," Lia smiled apologetically. Quake rolled his yellow eyes.

Like a bang of a shotgun, Quake's rocky hands banged against the left gate. Gopal and Lia supported him by doing the same with the right gate.

"Harder!" Quake shouted.

Quake, Gopal and Lia tried their best pushing it. There was a heavy creaking that issued from the rim of the gates. Quake smiled, but then-

"ARGH!"

An invisible force that came from the gates knocked Quake, Gopal and Lia flying into the air. 

"Oh no!" Yaya gasped, her hand flying to her mouth. 

A wave of blue. It went pass them all, but only a person seem to notice it.

Ying's slow-motion power was on the move, and it slowed down everything that was in the area, including Quake, Gopal, Lia, Fang and Yaya.

"I got you, guys!" Ying exclaimed, as her feet dribbled as fast as they can on the seabed, so fast in the normal time, that she had enough force to lift herself up against the walls of the shadow cocoon.

She came near the top, and let herself fall, directly above Quake. She seized him around the waist and the both of them dropped to the seabed. Sand billowed from the spot where they dropped. Quake was trying to say thanks in slow-motion, but she didn't have much time. 

"You're welcome!" she said hurriedly, and went to do the same with Gopal and Lia.

The moment she fell down with Lia, the slow downed area was returned back to normal. Lia let out a grunt as they got up on their feet. Fang came running to them, looking impressed and relieved.

"Are you guys OK?" 

"That was a very close call." Yaya nodded in agreement.

"Darn," Gopal remarked, hands at his hips, glaring at the gates. "What's wrong with this thing?"

"Hm..." Lia thought. "Maybe it can't be shut?" 

"Should we go in and take a look?" Boboiboy asked.

Lia nodded. "Sure."

"You better hurry back," Yaya said, much like a protective mother.

"We will." Quake smiled, as he returned back to his normal Light Soul form and walked to the gates, Lia and Gopal behind him.

Yaya, Ying and Fang could only watch as they set a foot pass the line that marked the mortal world and Hell. But something they didn't expect happened so fast that they weren't able to react properly.

PONG.

"The Gates!"