Worthy Ones Shall Pass

"W-wait, we didn't sign up for this!" Fang said, a slight panic to his voice. And to Lord Gonzalu's surprise, he rose his eyebrows so much that it was lost in his grey hair.

"Just try lah Fang, we can do this." Ying whispered frantically to him.

"He won't kill us, he's just trying to make this sound more serious," Yaya added.

"Actually, I'm not." Lord Gonzalu spoke, much to Fang, Ying and Yaya's terror. "I might actually hurt you accidentally during our heated battle, and it might as well end up as your death."

"Worth a shot." Ying shrugged, Yaya beside her.

Fang's mind whirled as he decided on this event that might as well end up as his death, but the excited grinning faces of Yaya and Ying seemed to change his mind.

"OK...fine." he sighed.

Fang lazily took off his long coat and threw it on the ground. There was a sharp intake of breath from Yaya and YIng, and Lord Gonzalu had hastily turned away. Fang didn't realise that he had just showed off his spectacular muscles which made him look quite...hideous.

"What are you doing?" YIng whispered.

"Wear it back!" Yaya added quickly.

"Well," Lord Gonzalu boomed, turning back. "It seems that you are ready."

A pillar of weapons of all sorts, from katanas as tall as giraffes and roman-like shields as small as a basketball, emerged from the ground.

Lord Gonzalu selected one wisely, a weapon with a long gleaming golden chain and a glowing sharp blade at its end, and a dragon's head for a handle. He swung it around, testing the chain blade as the blade at its end came to a threatening distance to Fang, Ying and Yaya, then swung it on his back.

"Choose a weapon." he said.

"We'll just use our powers, my Lord, thank you for your offer." Yaya said sincerely, bowing slightly with one feet at her back.

Lord Gonzalu chuckled. "You remind me of Dragintar, another Light Soul fighter."

"Dragintar...? Sounds familiar." Ying thought, but then Fang replied almost immediately.

"It's that bloke Zedkiel told us about. That first Light Soul fighter and the last, before we came."

"So...my Lord met Dragintar?" Yaya asked. The other two can't even believe how she kept on remembering to address Lord Gonzalu as 'my Lord'. If they were to speak, they would for sure address Lord Gonzalu wrongly even after a thousand times.

"Oh, yes." Lord Gonzalu nodded, remembering the old times. "He was a very humble fellow, very brave too, would do anything Heaven requests of him. But I think that's where he went wrong..." 

And there was some sort of sorrow they never saw in such a superior person before in Lord Gonzalu's eyes. 

"Pardon, m-my Lord." Fang stammered, correcting his words quickly before he mess up. "Can we get back to our battle?"

"Oh," Lord Gonzalu said, coming back to Earth. "Yes, yes, of course." 

The pillar of weapons sunk back into the ground. It camouflaged so well with the ground that it could no longer be recognised once you look away from it. Taking a step forwards, Lord Gonzalu swung the chain blade to a fighting position. All the doors leading off the room sealed with a loud slam, and they were alone, Fang, Yaya, Ying and Lord Gonzalu.

The three warmed up their powers, ready to be released at any moment. Lord Gonzalu stared at them, waiting for any of them to move, and the three stared back, waiting for him to move.