Enclosed in Hell

Boboiboy whipped about to see that the gates had shut close. Panicking a little, for he knew it couldn't be true, he doubled back to where Fang, Ying and Yaya were trying to prise open the gates with all their might. Fang was using his shadow fingers, Yaya using her gravitational pull, Ying using her bare hands.

"What happened?" Boboiboy called to the other side, his mind racing, they weren't stuck here forever, were they?

They stopped their attempts and broke into a rushed explanation, as if to prove they weren't the one responsible for this.

"The Gates, it just shut close-"

"We had no way to stop it-"

"I think it's trap."

"What?" everyone said in unison, all eyes darting to Fang.

"I don't know...but I got my reasons-"

"Does that mean we're stuck here forever?" Gopal asked, panic starting to rise in his voice.

"Yes..." Fang said slowly.

"NOOOOOOOOOO!" Gopal moaned in despair. 

"But also no."

"Huh?" Gopal looked up, confused.

"If they can open and close on its own accord, then it still can be opened. But for the time being, I think you guys are stuck."

"No..." Gopal whispered quietly.

"I think I know why you say this is a trap, Fang." Ying nodded. "And I can say it looks like it. The ghosts had tricked us several times, so why can't this be another one of their tricks?"

Lia looked awestruck. "You have a good point there."

Fang gave a forced cough. "Me too." And coughed again.

"We'll need to do the best out of the worst situations," Boboiboy said loudly. "They were always one step of us, it's about time we turn the tables."

"What do you mean by that?" Yaya asked, her eyes widening.

Boboiboy heaved a sigh before saying, "Me, Gopal and Lia will have to find the Lord of Hell, and stop him ourselves."

But before any of them can react, a whisper of a million voices came from the tunnel beyond. Boboiboy turned back, he could see the light rippling. Ghosts were coming, they know that they're here.

"What's wrong, Boboiboy?" Ying questioned curiously, for she was on the other side of the Gates, the whisperings were way too soft to be heard there.

"Ghosts." Was the only word he said before hundreds of them swarmed at them.

"Shadow fingers attack!" Fang shouted, but his shadow fingers were reflected by an invisible force that prevented it from going beyond the gates.

"Argh, my powers can't work!" he reported.

However, the time taken had given the ghosts a chance to get ever closer to Boboiboy, Lia and Gopal. One was so close to Gopal that they were reaching their hands out to him-

"AHHH! Change into food!" Gopal bellowed in fear.

The first batch of ghosts all transformed into food before they could even attack. But the next batch replaced their presence immediately.

"Ultrasonic screech!" Lia said, before she sent a shock wave of a terrible cry that made the ghost scream in terror before they retreated.

And the next batch...

Boboiboy grinned to himself as the light blue stripe on his pants pulsed, transforming him to Cyclone.

"Whirlwind sweep!" 

A mini tornado consumed the ghosts, and incoming ones as well, back to where they came from. Once no more came at them, Boboiboy sighed, as he returned back to his normal Light Soul form again.

"Arghhh more will come for us," Lia said irritatingly, as if mentioning it would help. "You guys can't leave us here alone..."

"We can't do anything here if we just stay," Fang apologised. "Don't worry, you guys stay here, and I'll go find for help. I promise we'll be back as soon as possible."

"Hurry back, please," Boboiboy said grimly.

"We will!" Ying saluted.

The shadow cocoon was glowing pink once more as it separated from the Gates of Hell, and flew up to the water surface. Though they could see the ocean on the other side of the gates, none of them pour in. Like what Fang felt, there was an invisible barrier that prevented both worlds to go into the other once the gates were closed. Lia and Gopal found somewhere comfortable to sit on the rocky tunnel and played some sort of hand game, while Boboiboy thought deeply.

"You know what," Boboiboy said, after a moment or two.

"What?" Lia and Gopal asked at once.

He turned to face the both of them. "I think the same thing applies to us. It won't be no good staying here as well, we'll need to move."

But Gopal and Lia looked most doubted by this idea.

"Boboiboy," Lia started matter of factly."You know there are more population of ghosts than in the mortal world, right? Hell is literally like the City of Ghosts. Their citizens are ghosts."

"I agree with Lia." Gopal nodded. "Let's just wait for them to get back to rescue us."

Boboiboy was literally outraged by the disagreement of his idea, but he calmed himself down for the explanation. "Look. If we stay here, they'll know that we are here for sure. But if we move and hide in the shadows, then they might not get such a chance to detect us at all. Plus, I think I have another objective..."

On the look of their faces, Boboiboy could tell that Lia and Gopal were thinking the same thing, "Oh shit."

"We can find Lord Hallela and threaten him to stop this mess."

"Are you crazy?" Lia snorted, while Gopal thought for some time.

"You know, maybe we can do that."

Lia stared at him bewildered. "What? Are you agreeing with his crazy idea of finding the Lord of Hell and threatening him?"

Boboiboy grinned. "It's two against one, Lia. We're going in."

And he strolled casually deeper into the tunnel and disappeared when the tunnel arched left.

Lia scowled. "If we die in this, it's all your fault, Boboiboy!"