Award Ceremony

"Welcome, Super Six!" Lord Gonzalu announced, standing up that he towered twice the height of everyone else in the room. The other sixty angels and a few almost transparent people in the room broke into applause at their grand entrance, as if they were Kings and Queens.

Boboiboy grinned crookedly. "Thanks?"

Lord Gonzalu nodded at a group of angels, who zipped out of the room, their white cloaks billowing behind them, and came back in a jiffy. Two of them were holding each a red pillow which on top laid-

"Is that-" Ying gasped, but was interrupted by Lord Gonzalu before she could say anymore. When she tried to give another peek at the angels, they had disappeared into the crowd, only their bald heads visible.

"Guardian angels, angels, and Super Six." Lord Gonzalu said majestically, turning all attention to him. "We are gathered here today for the award ceremony, as thanks to the Light Soul fighters that are standing in this very room now."

His glittering eyes lingered on Boboiboy for a moment. Award ceremony, did he say?

"If you may, please come forwards."

The Super Six exchanged looks of both excitement and anxiety. Boboiboy was hoping for someone to go first, but then he felt exactly five pairs of hands nudging him from the back, and he knew he was outvoted.

He led the Super Six through the tight crowd and into the clearing in front of Lord Gonzalu, who was waiting for them patiently. Beside him, who were not much taller than his shoulder, stood two angels carrying each a red pillow which they had saw previously. When Lord Gonzalu was giving a hearty speech, Gopal tried too obviously to see what laid on it, standing on tip-toes and craning his neck over Fang's head, but was pushed back on the ground hastily by an irritated Lia. Fortunately, Lord Gonzalu was having his back on them when this happened, and had just turned back right after Lia managed a scathing look at Gopal, who smiled at once.

"The medals, please, angels," Lord Gonzalu requested kindly.

The two angels came a few steps forward, bowed down and presented the round, golden metals to the Lord of Heaven, who took one up.

"This is for the leader of the Super Six, who had thwarted the attempt of the Lord of Hell's escape," Lord Gonzalu announced, showing the medal to the crowd, who gave wild cheers and whoops.

Lord Gonzalu beamed at Boboiboy, who found his feet heavy like concrete, like solid, he couldn't move. He felt something pushing him forwards gently, and turned around to see Yaya winking back at him, and a nod of approval. Smiling back, Boboiboy used all the energy and determination he could muster to tear his feet off the ground, and walked in an unsteady way towards Lord Gonzalu's side. Lord Gonzalu was tall indeed, Boboiboy was very short compared to his size, although he was almost the high of the angels and transparent people crowded in this room. 

Boboiboy faced him, felt his brain going numb, and bowed down with as much force he could muster. He stood there, eyeing the polished white marble floor that made his eyes water the longer he stared at it. Finally he felt something pulling down his neck, and knew that Lord Gonzalu had given him his medal. He straightened his back and smiled at the crowd, who were giving renewed cries and sobbing. 

"I knew destiny was bound to make him great!" cried a female angel.

Boboiboy waved as he walked back to where his friends stood, grinning from ear to ear. 

"They love you, you know." Lia smirked.

"Shut it," Boboiboy muttered.

Once Fang, Yaya, Ying, Gopal and Lia were given their medals too, they were starting to get used to the cries and sobs every time each of them were awarded their medals. They stood once again in their previous places, in a straight line, full of pride. It was strictly odd that no one was pointing their cameras or phones at them, then Boboiboy remembered, this was Heaven they were in, not the mortal world. Cameras and phones were invented by mortals, not angels.

"Settle down, settle down," Lord Gonzalu said aloud, and at once the crowd fell silent, except for some angels sniffing with red and tearful eyes.

He turned around to face the Super Six. "We still have one more prize, that I am sure you, Super Six, would be delighted to receive." 

"Another medal?" Fang asked, raising his eyebrows to the total opposite of what they had experienced continuously since half an hour ago.

"No, no, of course not." Lord Gonzalu waved his hand airily. "Something...worth for you all, I think, everything."

A camouflaged door behind them creaked slowly open. Boboiboy had to admit, Lord Gonzalu's doors were just too well hidden, too well. The Super Six stood frozen to the spot, anticipating something that was walking through the door. Another angel? It sounded like a living being with two legs walking. But no, the footsteps were softer than usual. Boboiboy narrowed his eyes. What would have two legs, can walk, but gentler? His mind whirled, but before he had an answer, whatever that was behind that door, had came out.