We're A Team

A dozen of shadow figures passed quickly. The ghost turned its head around, it was sure there was something there, but the air was as still as ever and nothing even moved. After observing yet for another few seconds, it glided away to another tunnel on the left.

The lot, Astor, Fang, Yaya and Ying, who were carrying the limp forms of Lia and Gopal with them, were panting very heavily indeed, hiding behind the wall so that the ghost didn't see them. Astor gave a quick glance at the hallway, but nothing was there anymore. It must have left. He heaved a sigh, and signaled the others that the junction was clear.

They crept on the tips of their toes through the hallway on the right, and found themselves a good, large dead end. 

"Shadow wall."

A sheet of shadow stretched between the ceiling and the ground to block the tired Light Soul fighters from view of intruders. They left Lia and Gopal on the dusty ground, as Ying checked each for a pulse. 

"They're alive." she breathed.

"That's great news!" Astor whisper-exclaimed.

"Luckily," Yaya said.

Still, Ying checked for more signs of damage. While she was doing this, Astor approached Fang.

"Who's the girl?"

Confused, Fang raised an eyebrow. The two girls were talking to each other, a small distance between him and the girls, Astor was sure he would not be overheard for his stupidity.

"The one lying down."

"That's Lia, of course." Fang frowned.

"How come she's here? She's not in our team, is she?"

"Course she is." Fang waved a hand dismissively. "She's been in our team for- oh."

As he finally realised, Astor was not there when all of this happened.

"Oh." he said again, sheepishly. 

"What?" Astor asked impatiently.

"You weren't there." Fang laughed nervously. "Sorry, I'm still not used to it."

"It's OK," Astor muttered under his breath.

"Well," Fang began. "She joined after the war. Gopal introduced her, and seems like she has sound manipulation powers. And Boboiboy was like," Fang mimicked Boboiboy's voice in a much childish way. "She has powers, so why not let her join? And bam, she was in."

Astor chanced a glance at Lia. She was still unconscious, her light hair dulled with pain, her  face expressionless. 

"Where did she come from?" Astor asked, turning back to Fang.

"I-" Fang hesitated. None of the members of the Super Six bothered to even ask where did Lia actually come from. They didn't seem no need to know this, and they had just went on with it. But now did the question struck him, where did she actually come from?

"-don't know." he said shamefully.

Astor bit his lip in a regretful sort of way. Fang realised this, and tried to steer the conversation away.

"Since we have some time now, you want me to explain to you about...uh..."

"Sure." Astor said, forgetting everything, eager to hear the truth.

"Well, it started like this."

***

Lia and Gopal had woken up some time later. They didn't exactly know how time works in Hell, but it was fifteen minutes to be exact according to the time on their power bands.