Mortal Ally on the Move

A/N: To those who haven't know yet, this book was supposingly to be on hiatus. Butttt, seeing that sometimes I can't access Unexpected, this book will have an extremely slow update. My focus will now be on Unexpected for maybe a week or more. Hope you'll understand!

***

The door to Ivy's house opened, a woman who represented Ivy a lot, with the same shade of black hair and caramel eyes. A second ago, the doorbell had rang. Her caramel eyes dropped to two girls who was standing humbly with a big smile.

"Good afternoon, Mrs. Ro'mave," they said together.

One of the girls was dressed head to foot in pink clothings. She was a Malay and wore a hijab over her head, she even had a pink scarf trailing behind her. The other girl was slightly shorter than the first, and she was Chinese. She had an average long black hair that was tied in pigtails behind her, and she was mainly dressed in a yellow protective shirt and also yellow, knee-level pants.

The two looked like they were dressing up for a long trip.

"Good afternoon to you too." Mrs. Ro'mave smiled. "What are you here for?"

"We're here to see Ivy," Yaya said.

"We're her schoolmates," Ying continued.

"Oh, OK. Wait here a second." She turned into the house and shouted, "Ivy! Two of your friends are here to see you!"

"What?!" Came a distant shout from inside the house. "Friends? OK..."

Not much than a few seconds later Ivy came to the door, and Mrs. Ro'mave left.

"Ying? Yaya? What are you two doing here?" Ivy asked, startled by the sudden of those two at the doorway of her house.

"We need help," Yaya said in an urgent whisper.

"Why? Didn't you guys manage to close off the Gates of Hell?"

Ying thought hardly for an explanation. "Yes...and no."

"You'll have to come with us for the day," Yaya stated.

Ivy shook her head. "I have some other things to do-"

"The world," Ying said. "Or your weird responsibilities?"

Ivy sighed. "The world."

"Come with us then." Yaya smiled.

Ivy pursued her lips. "F-fine..."

***

Grouped in the larger meeting room sat Ivy, Fang, Yaya and Ying. The three were looking at Ivy keenly.

"So," Ivy said, after given the accounts of Yaya, Ying and Fang's on what happened two hours ago. "You're saying that, the gates were moving on its own accord?"

"Yes," the three said at once.

"And that they trapped Boboiboy, Lia and Gopal once they went through it?"

"Yes."

"Well." She leaned back against her swivel chair. "Fang and Ying's right then, it is a trap."

"Do you know any way we can get them out?" Fang asked. "They're waiting for us, see."

"Hmm..." Ivy thought. "Not at the moment. The only thing I know that can seal off the gates are the Chains of Immortality, which, as we all know, is shattered."

"Oh," Yaya said, as if a sudden thought appeared in her head. "And also, what about the thing where our attacks can't reach through Hell?"

"Erm..." Ivy said carefully. "My theory is that the Gates of Hell is part of the border between the mortal world and Hell. If it's open, both sides are able to reach each other, and if not, neither can reach the other."

"What're we gonna do then?" Ying squeaked, terrified.

"Give me some time to do research," Ivy said confidently, happy that her forte can be used in times like these. "I'm sure I'll be able to get something."

***

At the meantime, Boboiboy, Lia and Gopal stopped at a junction, waiting for several ghosts to pass before breaking into a sprint for the next corridor.

"Here." Boboiboy beckoned, pointing to the end of the corridor.

Making sure the coast was clear, Lia and Gopal tip-toed as fast and as quietly as they could to see what was Boboiboy pointing at.

They seemed to have reached the city center of Hell. It was almost similar to Heaven, just that mainly things weren't gold and white here, but black and red.

Instead of a beautiful, apple-tree garden, here in Hell on either side of a pebble path, grew chest-high, black-leaved hedges. And at the end of the pathway towered a jet black City Hall with flaming red details.

At the sight of this, goosebumps travelled all their way up their skin, and they can feel the hair at the back of their neck stand up.

"I guess this is it," Lia gulped. "That's the City Hall of Hell."

Gopal laughed shakily. "There? Are you sure? That's probably not it."

Boboiboy took in a deep breath, calming himself down. "We're going in. Let's go, guys."