Chamber Mystery

As they were moving along yet another dark tunnel light up with bracket of torches, they could feel the dungeon's creepiness crawling up their skin like a contagious disease. 

"Um...Ying," Astor called very quietly, so that it was only between them, as Fang and Yaya were slightly more faster than them.

"Yes?" 

"Is it OK if...I want to get a few things cleared up?" he asked uneasily.

"Of course, sure! It's not like everything makes sense when you just came back to life after a few year's of sleep, is it?"

Astor chuckled. "Yeah. One thing, how long have I been dead?"

Ying's face contorted as she thought hardly, her brows furrowed. "About...uh...four years?"

Astor's eyes bulged as he heard her answer. "F-four years?!"

"Yeah...I think so..." Ying nodded to herself. "I thought we already told you that."

"Oh. Oh yeah," Astor said sheepishly.

"It must be weird, four years later reawakening from the dead." Ying smirked.

"Hey, that's nothing to tease about." 

They passed a cell which was left open, though no one was in there. In fact, on both of their sides, cells were emerging all along the corridor. 

"Where's my power band, though?" Astor asked again.

"Oh," Ying said, as if she had just came to notice something. "It's left in our house back in Georgetown. Sorry we didn't bring it along, didn't thought about that." She laughed shakily.

"It's OK." Astor replied reassuringly, at least it's not missing. 

"This is it." Fang said, halting in front of a large, black steel door. 

Coldness crept out from the tiny gap under door, and when Fang put an ear against the steel door to listen for anything, he immediately moved back, as it was freezing cold.

"Open the door." Astor nodded at Yaya.

"Gravitational pull!" 

The steel door glowed pink, and so did Yaya's hands. Yaya pulled back, the door crunched, and was thrown aside with a loud, echoing clank.

"Shushhhh!!!" Fang, Astor and Ying hushed instinctively at her.

"Hehe," Yaya sweat-dropped. "Sorry."

The coldness seemed to have been waiting to be released all along. A sheet of thin ice spread out to cover the ground, walls, tunnels and the tunnel beyond. 

"What was that?" Ying asked, as the temperature dropped to even more so that she shivered a bit.

Astor eyed it suspiciously, the tunnel beyond through the ice sheet had travelled, there was definitely something wrong with this...

What made him turn his attention back was the sound of Ying, who had just stepped foot into the chamber, falling. She seemed to have done that out of shock, for she was speechless when she hauled herself carefully up the slippery ground. 

"Ying, are you OK?" Yaya flew to her aid that instance, and nearly slipped in mid-air.

Yaya's hands flew to her mouth, her eyes widening in horror in what she was seeing.

"Gopal, Lia!"

Astor and Fang whipped about at the mention of the two names, though Astor didn't know who Lia was, she sounded important to the team. The two boys followed into the dark chamber, and gasped too.

Silhouetted against the white, frozen chamber walls, two figures, a boy and girl, were chained on both their wrists and seemed to be dead. They gave no signs of life even as they went nearer them.

"A-are they dead?" Yaya squeaked fearfully, she couldn't bare to hear the truth.

"It's hard to say," Fang said grimly, noting their pale faces and frozen clothes.

"They were stuck here for some time." Astor said, pacing the room for clues on what has happened. "And they were meant to be tortured, but they weren't."

"How d'you know?" Ying questioned curiously at Astor's knowledge.

"Well," Astor said, stopping in front of the empty wall between Lia and Gopal's. "Blood stains; but none on Lia and Gopal. I expect they had a nasty cut, but probably not from their torture, because they ain't got swords here, and that's a sword's wound.

"Mind if I ask where's Boboiboy again?" he added, turning around to face Fang, Yaya and Ying.

The three of them exchanged worried looks. 

Ying gulped. "He was supposed to be with them."

"Supposed?" Astor asked, noting the word used.

Speechless, the three kept quiet. Astor then faced the wall again. 

"The ice is not usual. Normal ice wouldn't spread that fast, and the average temperature in Hell isn't cold enough for water to freeze, I expect this is something else."

The words were just on the tips of his tongue, yet he fear to admit it nor say it. It gave him the feel of despair, and he didn't want to share this as well.

"This is Boboiboy's doing." he said at last.

Fang, horror struck, spluttered, "B-but, he wouldn't do this- he wouldn't freeze Lia and Gopal to death-"

"That's the catch." Astor said. "He's supposed to be with them, like you said, then where is he then? His powers lingers here, he wasn't forced to be moved, he moved himself. But at the same time, it doesn't makes sense, does it? If he wanted to leave a trail of his powers behind, why should it be freezing his friends to death?"

The room was holding its breath for all he knew. Still, Gopal and the girl with long chestnut hair laid limply against the walls. 

"Are you suggesting..." Fang had to muster all his courage to say the next word, for it was his least favourite of all. "He was...possessed?"