Mysteries Solved

"Nothing, huh?" Fang asked, mildly impressed by Boboiboy and Ivy's progress that day.

They were gathered around a long, rectangular table, at the back of the house, eating their dinner while exchanging news. They had Japanese Udon noodles tonight, cooked by Ivy, and everyone was very eager for news on The Gates of Hell once they had set foot into the house, and Boboiboy had promised that he and Ivy would tell them that night.

"There is something," Boboiboy stated through a mouthful of noodles, pointing his fork matter-of-factly at Fang. "We've come down that they're somewhere in Cycloneland."

"Uggggh," Gopal groaned. "I wish the darn voice would come back and tell us where's the Gates of Hell. Would save lots of trouble."

"What if they wanted trouble, so they didn't tell us where it is?" Yaya suggested. 

At that instance, everyone stopped what they were doing, from chewing to lifting food into their mouth, as their eyes drifted to land on the pink uniformed girl. 

"You. Had just blown my mind, Yaya," Boboiboy said, awestruck. 

"Oh, so where has it been blown to now?" Fang asked in a falsely curious voice. 

Ying scowled. "That wasn't an intended pun."

"Or is it?" He smirked. 

"This has just gave me an idea, what if doom was actually ghosts?" Gopal suggested. 

A moment of silence passed while everyone slowly turned to look at Gopal, just like what they did when Yaya said something interesting. 

"Is it me or today everyone is suddenly smarter than before?" Boboiboy asked more to himself than anyone around. "Is it the Udon? I must remember to buy this brand again."

"Wait," Fang interrupted. "I think there's something else..." He screwed up his face, thinking hardly. "Doom. Wait. A. Minute."

"What is it, Fang?" everyone asked at once, staring at Fang's effort worriedly. 

"Ahhh...argh. Never mind. I've forgotten the quote. Though...where is it kept now?" 

"What quote?" Ivy questioned, she was the only one at the table who haven't heard of the scattered, meaningless notes, which were put into two sentences and kept away. "You mean Lord Gonzalu's warning or what-?"

"No, not that," Lia said calmly, putting both her hands on her friend's shoulder, so as to make sure she doesn't get up. At that same time, Ying stood up and ran out of the dining room, leaving behind a trace of yellow aura that dissipated into nothingness soon enough. 

Three seconds later Ying returned, holding different types of paper which was taped together hastily. 

"Nah," she said, shoving the paper under Fang's nose and sat down in a blink of an eye on her seat beside him, grinning widely.

"Uhhh." Fang said awkwardly, picking up the paper  with his right, half-gloved hand, then using the other to adjust his glasses. "Thanks, Ying."

"No problem!" 

***

"Hm...drowning doom...drowning...doom..." Fang muttered under his breath. 

It was ten at night, two hours after they'd finished their dinner, and cleaned up the plates, and yet Fang was still repeating the same words for the past two hours. Still, everyone was gathered at the dining table. Boboiboy, Ying and Yaya were doing their homework, Gopal, Lia and Ivy had taken out their phones and were either playing games or watching Korean dramas.

"Got anything yet?" Lia grunted, her arms crossed, her head laid down on them, earplugs in, watching her phone with much concentration. 

"Just gimme that thing." And with that, Ivy snatched the paper away from Fang's grasp. 

"Hey!" Fang exclaimed. It was quite weird to hear him shouting, he had been murmuring for the past hours and it was so sudden that he shouted in such a silent situation like this. 

This made everyone look up from what they were doing to stare at Fang. Ivy was reading the paper very quickly and when she looked up, there was a clearly obvious look of smugness on her face. 

"Should've gave the paper first," she said proudly. 

"What is it?" Boboiboy asked, clueless about what she was talking about. 

"I know where the Gates of Hell are. Not the specific area, but the area, ya know?"

"OK...go on..."

"It's in the oceans of Cycloneland."

Everyone was awestruck. 

"How did you know?" Fang questioned.

"It's...kinda obvious for me. 'Your life will be at stake as doom spreads. Only way to stop it is to find the source of drowning doom'. It means that ghosts will be the cause of the current danger, and no matter how hard we try to kill them off, they'll keep on coming, increasing, in fact. And the only way to stop this crisis is to find the home of the ghosts, which is the Gates of Hell, and drowning doom, drowning, is just a keyword to mean water. What's related to water? The oceans."

"Such a genius." Gopal remarked quietly, so that Ivy wouldn't hear. 

Ying was shaking her head. "I wouldn't had thought of that."

"You're so awesome!" Yaya squealed. 

"I'm glad we have you by our side, Ivy." Boboiboy smiled.

Ivy chuckled, her cheeks flushing red. "It's nothing...hehe..."

"That calls for a new order, then," Boboiboy said, his voice business-like, whenever he meant something serious. "Super Six, you are not needed to bother about wandering ghosts anymore, as I can see, actually, that they are doing no more harm. Instead, we'll be opening ourselves tomorrow. Now, I know that's it's still quite early," he added, as everyone opened their mouths. "But we'll have to do this for the people and our own sake too. So it's tomorrow, 2pm, Lonuziq time, you got me?"

Usually they would've agreed straight away, but this time, a moment of silence passed before everyone replied with a heave of sigh, "Yes."