Enemy from My Past

Boboiboy opened his eyes. They no longer had the warmth and kindness in them, like they were all drained, gone, evaporated. Lia and Gopal stared with horror etched on their faces. It can't- it just can't-

Boboiboy lifted his head and rolled it to the back. They could hear the vertebra cracking loudly when he did and they winced. A low sigh escapes his lips, and he muttered in a voice most unlike his, "Release me."

The two ghost guards, who had watched everything happen in front of them without the slightest acknowledgement, took the chains of Boboiboy's wrists without hesitation, though it was Boboiboy's body who said it-

"It's good to finally have a proper body, you know." Boboiboy told Lia and Gopal, who were still speechless after what they had saw. "I feel young again, like, yeah. A thousand years younger. I got to get used to it, though. And you wouldn't believe me when I say, it's an amazing feeling to be in this body."

"What have you done..." Lia whispered, her voice shaking with fear.

But Boboiboy merely smirk at her look of dismay.

"You see, I had an enemy hundreds of years ago." Boboiboy said loudly, pacing around the room without much purpose. "And that person, I hated him so much for what he has done. I hated him with every word that I said, actions that I made, and the age of my life. I despised him."

There was silence for a while, filling up the pause between the next speech.

"But of course, he died. And I had to wait for him to resurface back into life. You know how Light Souls are reused, right? Yes, I hated first that person, then his Light Soul, and now his current form too."

Gopal and Lia didn't even understood a word he said, what does this have to do with his hatred for Heaven?

"D-do you k-know who is your enemy now, then?" Gopal asked quietly.

"Oh yes. Yes, yes yes. I know, of course." Boboiboy added with a nod.

"Who is he then?" Lia asked.

"I can't tell." he said in a hushed voice.

And that left Gopal and Lia silent again, with Boboiboy halting in front of them, observing the two with his dull eyes.

"Well, I suppose there's nothing else then." Boboiboy shrugged.

Then, without warning, he changed form. Gopal and Lia gasped, but the chains were keeping them intact from escape.

"Freeze act!"

From where Ice was standing, a sheet of ice spread. It covered the walls, floor, chains, weapons and everything that was in the room. Gopal and Lia could feel the chains freezing in their touch, but their body's warm temperature kept on melting the sheet of ice which was stubbornly spreading onto their handcuffs.

"You won't be able to hold that for long," Boboiboy said, changing back into his normal form and turning to walk out of the chamber with his two ghost guards behind him. "Happy Freezing."

He gave a malicious smile and a wave over his shoulder before the door of the chamber closed with a loud, echoing bang.

***

"Great, you have the something dead!" Ivy said happily, bouncing up from the sofa to her feet.

"Yay!" Ochobot cheered.

"How was the mission?" Alxebot asked worriedly, seeing the exhausted look on their faces.

"Forever." Fang said, sitting on the sofa with a bounce, just like he did yesterday.

Yaya let go of the coffin so that it landed gently on the floor.

"Wait," Ivy said, rushing forwards. "Bring that to the larger meeting room, I've put my equipments there."

Yaya carried again the coffin into the larger meeting room, where she placed it gently, as if handing a fragile glass case, on the long table that stretched the length of the meeting room.

"OK," Ivy said, putting on a surgical mask and holding out a forceps the length of her finger. "Open the coffin up."

While Ying was dropping a spoon of sugar into her coffee in the kitchen, Yaya barged out of the larger meeting room, inhaling deep breaths, hands on her knees as though as she had ran a marathon.

"Thanks for helping, Yaya!" came Ivy's muffled voice, then slamming the door behind her.

As Ying stirred her coffee, she turned around to see Yaya still panting breathlessly.

"What happened?" she asked, her eyes bulging. She put down her coffee on the counter and went over to Yaya to put a hand on her back, patting her slowly, attempting to calm her down.

"Nothing." Yaya breathed, but pointed her thumb back to the door of the larger meeting room. "But- Never. Get. Involved. In. A. Surgery."

A\N: You heard Yaya xD never get involved in a surgery UNLESS you have the guts to resist the disgust of it. Well, my two weeks term break just started and I'm going to Cameron Highlands from Sunday till Tuesday, so I might as well take a break, eh? But if I have time I'll still try to write (who knows when boredom will strike?)