A New Plan

Boboiboy had barely gotten up when Lord Hallela was an inch from him. He managed to grab his spear this time, and defended himself from Lord Hallela's attack that could've chopped his head in half. 

Lord Hallela was thrown back from the force, and there was a look of utter horror on his blackened face.

Boboiboy didn't hesitate as he stepped frontwards, and appeared behind Lord Hallela, his spear aiming down at his chest. But Lord Hallela had thought better and turned, his sword clashing with the spear, and they were engaged in an ultimate sword and spear fight.

Sword and spear danced in and out as a blur of orange and silver as the both of them closed the distance between them. One wrong move, and the other would get hurt. The battle got ever intense since Boboiboy slipped and was now pinned against the ground, with only his spear the thing which defended him from Lord Hallela's sword.

"You have potential," Lord Hallela said. "Don't get me wrong, but you are unlike the others, stronger, I suppose that is."

Boboiboy used both of his legs and kicked Lord Hallela back. He took his time to get up, and so did Lord Hallela. 

"Did I tell you before? I have this curious sensation that you've got something hidden in you. Something powerful, that doesn't know even its true potential yet. Oh yes, there's something about you that you don't even know yourself."

Boboiboy tried stabbing at his knees, but he jumped over his head and landed with a soft thud behind him. 

"How pitiful that is." he remarked. 

Roaring his fury, Boboiboy charged at Lord Hallela, the tip of his gleaming spear forming the shape of a flower, ready to stab at Lord Hallela's chest. But at the last second, Lord Hallela had grabbed his throat. 

Surprised at this action, Boboiboy's legs flailed about, panicking to free himself. Lord Hallela's grip on his throat got stronger, and he could see black spots swarming his vision of Lord Hallela's smirking face.

"That you don't know who you truly are," came a faded and distant voice. And all became dark.

A maniac's laughter.

The pulling of flesh.

And the slamming of metal.

***

"Good news all~!" Ivy giggled, as she busted into the larger meeting room, two days after they had their last meeting, which was when Ivy was requested to do some research.

"Tell us about it, pleasee," Ying begged, her eyes wide with hope that it would be something useful this time. Unlike the past two days.

"I have mail for you three each."

Fang groaned annoyingly, turning away from her on his swivel chair. "That's getting boring already, Ivy."

"Take a look inside before saying anything else." She attempted to hide a smile, but ended up failing doing that, giving a half-crooked smile.

Ying took the mails from her and passed it around to Yaya and Fang, who took it with no emotion. But when they opened up their letters, which was folded to threes, their eyes bulged.

This made Ivy to look on the verge of bursting into laughter, though she was trying to surpress it again.

"I'll go make some drink. Be right back!" 

Once the door closed behind her, the three could hear a loud howl of laughter. Though they were so focused in reading the mail, they didn't really register it, at all.

Ten minutes later, Ivy came in holding a tray with four mugs of mixed fruit juice, to find the meeting room dead drop silent, as if Ying, Yaya and Fang had long since waited for her arrival.

"Explain. More." were the only two words Yaya spoke. And she sounded serious.

Ivy sighed, and sat opposite Ying and Fang, beside Yaya. She put the tray of drinks on the middle of them all, as she broke into speech.

"I have found the answers."

"But we didn't really get it." Ying frowned.

"Not when you're writing in gibberish." Fang snorted under his breath. But unfortunately Ivy heard it and shot him a death glare before continuing.

"Dead things can help us open the Gates of Hell, and at the mean time, to make sure it seals again after we rescue Boboiboy, Lia and Gopal, we need to go find another Chain of Immortality, which I am sure you guys can request from Lord Gonzalu."

"So...there's two things we need to find for this rescue mission," Yaya repeated, to Ivy nodding.

"The first one is something dead-" Ying began, but Ivy interrupted.

"Uhhh, sorry. Correction, my bad. The first thing you guys should find first is the Chains of Immortality, then the something dead. Bring it over to me first, by the way, I'm also a major in biology."

Yaya raised her eyebrows in disbelief. "Right."

"Yes, exactly," Ivy said, not noticing the sarcasm. "You wouldn't want other people to know you're trying to steal a dead body to try to open the Gates of Hell, which I'm sure no one would believe, would you?"

"So," Fang said, as if Ivy didn't say anything previously. "It's the Chains of Immortality first, then something dead, bring it over to you, and we can rescue our friends."

"That's literally the plan in a nutshell." Ivy shrugged.

"Well, I'm in," Fang said.

"Me too." Yaya smiled.

"Aye!" Ying cheered.