Chances

Phil's POV•

I know Dan hasn't been himself recently. It's Y/N. He keeps telling me he can't live without her. But I didn't think he would do something like this!

"Phil!" Y/F/N runs up to me and hugs me tight. So do Lottie and Sarah.
"What are you doing here?" I'm confused. I thought they hated Dan.
"Zoe called. We thought you might need a  friend." Sarah sits next to me.
"We're only here because of Y/N and you." Lottie says, earning a kick from Y/F/N.
"What?"
"Shut up!" They whisper.

"Where is he!" A familiar voice yelled.
It's Y/N.
Why is she here? I thought she is over Dan. Apparently not, because her eyes are red and puffy.

"Phil!" She hugs me tightly.
"Hey Y/N! What are you doing here?"
She shakes her head.
"I honestly don't know. When I heard. I had to come see him." She purses her lips, "maybe I'm not as over him as I thought I was" she looks at her feet.

Everyone stares at her.
"Wait. What?" Y/F/N takes her shoulders.
"I think I still like him"

A lady, probably Dans doctor, walks out the room. "Hello. Are you all here for Mr Daniel Howell?"
"Yes." I walk towards her.
"How is he?" Y/N joins me.

"He has lost a lot of blood, but we have managed to save him. He his sleep. You may go in, but you should let him sleep. He needs the rest.

As soon the lady moved, I run into the room.
Dan is attached to a machine that appears to be putting some liquid in him. His right arm is heavily bandaged. He looks very pale, blue bags under his eyes. He looks so peaceful, sleeping.

I run up to the chair next to the bed and sit down.
"You ok?" Someone whispers in my ear.
"Yeah I'm fine" I turn to see Sarah standing behind me.
"You sure?" She takes the seat next to me.
"I'll be fine."
"Ok"

•Y/N POV•
*3 hours later*

You bring your knees up and rest your chin on them.
You and Phil were the only two still there.

Zoe had gone home with Tyler, Joe and Caspar. Y/F/N had gone home with Lottie and Sar after the others left.

Your phone vibrates.

Zoe: Hey. How is he?
Y/N: Still sleeping
Zoe: are we gonna talk about this?
Y/N: about what?
Zoe: you still liking him
Y/N: I don't know. When you told me, I had a panic attack. I never have those. Well, not recently. I just got so upset. That made me realise that he still had some power over me
Zoe: But he shouldn't!
Y/N: I know. What do I do?
Zoe: Hear me out. As far as you've told me, you've never given him a chance to explain. Maybe you should

You are about to reply, when movement grabs your attention.
Dan opens his eyes. He pushes his head up and groans in frustration. He hasn't seen you yet.

"Dan!" Phil sits up. "Oh my god! I was so worried!!! What were you thinking?!" Phil interrogates him

"I wasn't! I'm just so. I don't want to live. Y/N is over me Phil!"

You decide to keep quiet.

"I mean. I love her. She is my sole mate. I know that. I just guess I'm not hers. I don't want to live without her.
I'm lost without her. I. I don't want her to be over me, Phil"

You make eye contact with Phil.
You nod.

"I don't think she is, Dan." Phil smiles.

Dan looks at him, very confused.
"What?"

You clear your throat.
Dan looks at you. His eyes grow in size.
"Y/N"

"Hey!" You smile.

"Wha. What are you doing here?" Dan asks, completely shocked.
"I'm here it see you! Dufess!" You giggle.
"I mean. Why are you here to see me?"
"I don't know. I was bored"
"Y/N. I'm serious." He stares at you.
"Ok. Phil called Zoe. I was with Zoe at the time. She told me and I panicked. I had a panic attack. I haven't had one of those since 4 months ago. When you kissed Chiara-"
"I didn't-" Dan goes to interrupt you.
"Hey. Let me finish! I haven't had a panic attack ever since then. To only get those when something happens to someone I love. I had one when my mum when into hospital. I had one when my brother was in a car crash. I had one when you tried to kill yourself. I just guess I'm not as over you as I thought" you shrug.

A smile appears on Dans face.

"But! I love you, but I might not forgive you. You fu*king kisses my cousin!" You stand up and pace the room.

"But I didn't!" Dan sits up.

"I saw you! Don't fu*king lie to me!" You yell at him.

"I didn't! You know I wouldn't do that to you! After everything that happened to you with Finn and Chiara, why would I do that to you?" He yells back.

"I though you had enough of me! I thought you used me and the threw me away!"

"Why would I do that to you! I love you. I've loved you from the moment you saved us from your parents. As soon as I saw you, I was enchanted. Why would I do that to you?"

"Because I thought you had turned out like Finn!" You scream.

Dan stays silent.

"I thought you had turned out like every other boy I've liked. My choice in boys has lead me to heart break after heart break after heart break. I thought you were just another heart break." You say, sliding down the wall next to the door, voice groggy and tear streaming down your face.

A hand is placed on your arm and another on your cheek. Dan turns you to face him.

"I love you with all my heart. I would never do anything purposely to hurt you. You heard what I said. You're my sole mate. Am I yours?"
"Of course" you smile at him.

He pulls your face to his. You both kiss very passionately.

When you pull apart, you rest your forehead on his.
"I've missed you so much" Dan whispers.
"I've missed you too, Danny"

Suddenly, clapping fills the room. Both you and Dan look at Phil, who is clapping and jumping like a maniac.
"I'm so happy!!!" He wipes the tears way from his eyes.

You all laugh.