Relief and understanding

It's Dan.

You quickly wipe your face. You don't want him to know that you are crying.
"Hey" you sniff.
"Are you ok?" Dan looks at you.
"Yeah I'm fine" you smile.
"Do you want to come in?" He motions to behind him.
"Um." You look behind you. Something tells you the PJ is gonna come around the corner at any moment, and you really don't want to see him. "Sure!"
Dan looks shocked, but then leads you inside.

You sit down on the sofa. Dan sits next to you.
"So what happened?" He looks at you, worry covering his face.
"Nothing."
"Then why did you end up sitting on my doorstep, crying?"
Sh*t! He knows I was crying!

"I was lost. I couldn't find my way back, so I started to panic! I didn't know it was your house" you say.
Please believe it!! Please please!

Dan gives you a strange look before saying "Ok then. Do you want to watch tv? Or shall I take you home?"

"Um. TV?" You smile.
"Sure!" He smiles back and it twists you stomach into knots.
No. You can't do that, Y/N!He has moved on and I dating your best friend. And you said that it is ok.

A buzz distracts you from your thoughts.
You look down. PJ is calling.
"I'll be right back!" You quickly run out the room. You have no idea where you are going, but somehow, you found your way to the bedroom.
Slowly, you answer the call.
"H-h-hello?" You stutter.
"Y/N! Where are you? We are all so worried!" His voice fills the phone.
"I'm at a friends. I am so sorry Peej." You begin to ramble, but he stops you from speaking.
"Shhh! It's ok. I understand" he says.
"What?" Your eyes grow in size.
"I understand. You aren't ready. Ill give you all the time you need."
You sigh in relief. "Thank you Peej. I'm sorry for everything. But when I'm ready, I'll come straight to you. You are so kind and thoughtful. You are everything. It's just I need time!"
"Ill wait" you can hear him smiling.
"I need to go" you mutter
"Ok. See you!" He says.
You hang up. Slowly, you walk back to the room that Dan was in. "What was that?" He asks, not taking his eyes off the TV.
"Peej. He was worried." You say causally.

The last thing PJ said to you still rings in your ears.

I'll wait.

He is so sweet. You swoon slightly. Why can't I be over Dan?