Running

PJ takes you to a Japanese restaurant.
The food is very nice and you enjoy his company. You talk and laugh all evening. It's great.

Once you've finished at the restaurant, he takes you to the park.

"Where are we going Peej?" You ask as you skip along side him.
"Wait and see!" He grabs your hands and pulls you further into the park.

He pulls you into the children's playground. "Why are we here?" You complain.
"I thought we could play around for a bit!" He runs up to the monkey bars and starts swinging. This makes you laugh.
You play on the monkey bars, the seesaw, the swings, the roundabout and the hopscotch Matt.

"We better start getting back!" You say, slowing down your swing.
"Yeah" he smiles. Slowly, he leans in and kisses you.

Your mind begins to buzz with confusion. Am I ready for this? I've only just found out that Dan is over me and here I am kissing another guy!! I'm not ready for this!! Get out Y/N! Get out!!

You break the kiss and get off the swing, tears begin to fall off your face.
"Oh Y/N. Are you ok?" Peej runs up and stands behind you. Slowly, you turn to face him. His face falls when he sees the tears. "Peej. This has been so much fun. I just-" you trail off.
"You aren't ready to move on yet" he finishes your sentence.
"Yes. I am so sorry PJ" you say before grabbing your coat and sprinting out the playground. You keep running even when you leave the park.

Legs begin to ache, yet you keep running. You have no idea where you are running, yet you keep running. Running to get as far away as PJ as possible.

After what feels like hours of running, you collapse on the steps of some house.

UGH! Why am I so stupid!! PJ is a good guy!! Why did I do this to him!? My whole world is falling apart.
You sit and cry for hours, leaning against the gate that belongs to someone you don't know.

After hours and hours of crying, a sound attracts your attention. Light surrounds you. Footsteps come from behind you.

"Y/N?" The voice says. Slowly you turn to face the voice.

It's Dan.