Chapter Four

Cauli's POV

My feet got nailed on the ground. Seriously, Cauli? What happened to you?

"Cauli!" I heard Ruby yelled my name. I immediately shifted my attention to her.

"I didn't see you in your room. Did you even take your class?" She's now irritated.

"Do you know Betina Oxford?" I asked, ignoring her ejaculations.

"Betina Oxford? She's my friend. Why?" She gave me a suspicious look. "Why are you suddenly interested with her?" She arched her left brow.

"Nothing. I'm just thinking about her." I simply said.

Betina Oxford is her friend, huh? She better prepare herself.

"Let's go, Cauli. I'm starting to get mad at you! You didn't inform me why are you here and then you'll ask me out of the blue about Betina? You're unbelievable!" She frowned.

"Relax." I laughed. "We better go. I'm hungry." I winked at her. She just rolled her eyes then spun around and walked away.

Gorgina's POV

I went back to room to get my things so I could go home and rest.

"This day is so exhausting. I pray this would be the last time to cry." I murmured while packing up.

I storm out from room.

Far away, I can see him. My crush. What?! Crush? Like duh! I don't come here for crush time. I need to study hard so I could maintain my grade which is eighty five. Or else? Goodbye scholarship!

I walked with my head down, trying to block him out.

I stopped because I've seen a pair of shoes. A stranger is standing in front of me.

Slowly I looked up. My eyes got locked to his. His brown eyes are so mysterious but expressive. What? I don't understand.

"You shouldn't talk to me. That's what your girlfriend told you. Right?"

"I don't have girlfriend. Girl friends only. Meaning, my friends are girls."

"I don't need your explanation. Stay off or I'll kick you."

"I will be the one to kick you off. Don't ya remember? I'm the son of the owner of this university."

"Do what you want, dude. Just stay out of my life." I rolled my eyes.

"You're a hard headed girl. I wonder you have past relationship. Like, having a boyfriend-"

"I have no time for that, dude. Education first."

"Woah! You're totally nerd-"

"And loner? Yes."

The smile of his face faded away.

I fixed my eyeglasses.

"So? Would you please stay out of my way, Mr. Hamlet?"

Uh-oh! Scholarship no more.

"Okay." He stepped sideward and let me walk my way out.

Oh no Gorgina Tanfield! What if he'll ask his father to get back your scholarship? What are you going to do?

I rode a bus again on my way home. As I enter inside our house, I could hear the noisy people inside nana's room. They're gambling again.

I'm tired with our life! Our pathetic situation. How could we raise ourselves when we're always digging up for holes? How could we ever escape with this situation when we always enter and there's no turning back? I'm tired! I'm so damn much tired with this.

I walked towards my room. It's messy, just like me, just like my whole being. There's a lamp above the table. Beside of it is my hard bed. I wonder how I could sleep without my body being hurt.

I laid on my bed while staring at the ceiling. I wonder how his life goes on. Like, how his life would be without their moneys in the bank, without their business. Would he still be alive? Would he'll be contented with his life?

He's the galaxy. I'm just a core. Galaxy is the most beautiful accessory a universe could ever have. But I'm just this core. Unseen, untouchable, destroyable, most dangerous and the worst place.

The following morning, I rode a bus. Fortunately, the traffic isn't heavy as yesterday.

I reached the university at exactly seven thirty. I went inside the classroom before Mr. Mercalesia could scold me for being late.

Betina is not around. I wonder where on Earth she could be.

"Good morning everyone!" She greeted us with a big smile on her face. But the smile didn't last when she saw me. She shifted her eyes to other students.

She's... what happened? She should bully me this time. That's how she starts her everyday. Like, "Badmorning pathetic girl!" Or "Hey scholar girl! You're so ugly! Ha-ha-ha-ha." And many more.

Should I be happy now? I should, right?

Everyone is having fun except Betina. She's always looking at me but when I look back, her eyes shift. What happened? Can someone explain the phenomena for me?

Mr. Mercalesia entered the classroom. Everyone is now paying attention.

"There will be a program today. Can someone sing a song? For surprise number only or simple performance."

Everyone started whispering. My eyes looked at them one by one. My heart started to beat faster. I can hardly breathe.

"Miss Tanfield." I wasn't suprised when Mister Mercalesia mentioned my surname.

"Y-yes s-sir?" I'm already nervous. I know where it'll go.

"I heard you have a nice voice and you can play a guitar." That's what exactly I'm thinking! They want me to perform on stage!

Should I go with the flow? No! I can't. I... just can't. I don't want to face people.

"W-what you heard Mr. Mercalesia was wrong. I c-can't." I lied and looked away.

"Oh. Let's just be honest, Miss Tanfield. I have seen your video."

"Video?!" My eyes got widened in shock and I was about to stand.

"Yes. You're singing a song. You have a wonderful voice."

"But I-I'm nervous, Mr. Mercalesia."

"You shouldn't. You should be proud you have talents."

"B-but s-sir."

"No buts anymore, Miss Tanfield. The program will start at exactly three in the afternoon. You can leave your class. You're excempted for the whole day. You'll be having your practice until two thirty. I hope you won't fail us, Miss Tanfield."

"O-okay si-sir."

"You may now leave. Go to music room. You can find whatever instrument you want to play."

I stood up and went outside. Do I have to perform? Can I just escape?