Chapter 35

Gorgina's POV

I woke up when somone's hitting my cheeks weakly.

"Hey wake up, my sleepyhead. Time for dinner." He said in low voice.

"Hmmm." I rubbed off my eyes to see him clearly. "What time is it?" I yawned.

"Six."

"That fast?" I covered my face with pillows.

"Hey! Wake up, wife." I immediately stood up.

What did he just say?

"Easy there, honey. What's with the face?" He chuckled.

Feels like all my blood went up again.

Feels good to be called "wife".

"Oh, honey... I'm still sleepy. Don't you get it?" I laid down again and closed my eyes.

I was caught off guard when a soft lips were pushed against mine.

Damn. I felt millions of electricity running all through out my body. And that volts aroused my dead system.

My eyes widened. I saw him smiling. His face was just one inch away from mine.

"Now, are you still sleepy?" A playful voice marked his words.

I rolled my eyes and covered my face in embarrasment.

I don't know if is it because I covered my face, that's why I can't breathe properly or it's just his presence.

"Come on, wife." He said and removed the pillow from my face. He held my hands and pulled me. My head was left hanging as well as my mouth.

Naaahhh. I don't want to stand up.

"Don't be lazy, princess. You're not pregnant. So, stand up and let's eat."

I hit him on his stomach. Just a little bit force. You know... I'm not used in hitting. Not good at all.

He chuckled.

"I'm pregnant. Almost three." I lied but I said it in serious voice.

"What?! Who's the father?!" His face is... pfft. Indescribable. It's like... "Oh no! Am I too late?"

"Gerald." I want to laugh at him but, maybe the best thing to do is to be sneaky.

"No." He stormed out.

"Hahahahaahhahahahahah. What a best idea! Now... I'm finally free! It's time to sleep again." I was about to lie down when I heard his voice.

"Not like what you thought." My eyes abruptly widened. Oh no!

"C-Cauli?" I slowly grinned.

"Yes, wife?" He shoots his brows up.

"Hehe."

"You think you can fool me? Nah. Now, stand up and let's eat." He faced his back to me and walked out.

Pew! I thought I just saved myself. I thought he believed in me.

"Gorgina!" He shouted.

"Yes, my love! I'm coming!" Huhuhu.

Having no choice, I got off from bed and marched the way to dining area.

Cauli's POV

She really thought she made me believe with her acting skills. Nah. I'm done with it.

"Eat this so you'll gain energy." I commanded. Her forehead creased and her lips left hanging.

Forgive me heaven! But this woman in front of me is unconsciously attracting me.

"Huh? Isn't it you'll be the one to eat that and I'll be the one to say that to you, Mr. Hamlet?" Her left eyebrow was raised.

"Nah. It must be you. You told me you're pregnant?"

Her cheeks turned red.

Forgive me again! I just couldn't help but stare at her. She's really beautiful even though she's wearing eyeglasses. I hate those eyeglasses. It just covered her beautiful eyes.

"I lied. I'm not really pregnant. If I am, then for sure, you are the father of my child."

I was a little bit frozen. I gulped, feeling uncomfortable.

Someday, sooner or later, we will build our own family. But not now. I know Ruby's plans. I shouldn't let her win. I will tell my parents, if that's the only way to reject engagement, that she's just adopted. She has no Petrakel blood. And by that, Emerald will be my wife.

"You okay?" She said while eating.

"Yeah."

"You look not, honey. Don't lie to me."

I smiled secretly.

I don't know how our life went on. One day, I just woke up in her arms. Amd it feels everything. She's the only woman I wanted to be with. She alone.

"I just think a better plan."

"Plan for what?" She took a sip of pineapple juice.

"Ruby and I will soon work together."

"Then? What's with the plan?"

I shrugged off.

"Nothing. Nevermind. It's my problem. Thinking about it isn't good for your baby-"

"I'm not pregnant, Cauli!" She yelled. "I tell you." She rolled her eyes.

I chuckled.

"Just kidding." I grinned. She's cute when she's mad. Let's just eat." I said with a smile, trying to shift the topic. I took a deep breath in silence. I am torn in between.