Chapter Twenty-two

Gorgina's POV

"Where the hell did you come from?!" Nana welcomed me with her dragon eyes.

Right after Nana called me, Cauli sent me home. He wanted to stay and make sure I'm fine. But because I know it would just bring us to entanglements, I preferred to be left. He should go home and rest. Besides, I'm fine here. I am used to Nana.

Nana never treated me as her own daughter. She always yells and scolds me for no reason. I don't even understand her treatment. Sometimes I ask myself, "Am I really her daughter?"

Because as far as I know, mothers take good care of their children. They always make considerations because children are their own flesh and blood. They are hurt too whenever their children are hurt. So it's surprising for me if Nana can't show any affection towards me. It means...

It means I'm not her daughter.

Or maybe she's just full of burdens, the reason why she can't think straight. And why she's always mad at me.

Really? Always, huh?

"I'm sorry Nana-" before I could end my sentence, a hard hand already hit my cheek.

Ouch.

I caressed my battered cheeks, tears are threatening to fall.

Really painful. Feels like my face will be uprooted from my neck. I can feel the heartbeats of it.

"Did I tell you to answer me?!" She huffed.

I rolled my eyes secretly. She asked me, of course I will answer her!

I stared at her. Her eyes grew bigger. Anger, malice, and virulence were all written on her face.

"Why?" I asked. "Why are you looking for me? You don't care about me, right? Unless you're hiding something 'bout me that no one should know about it."

I can't control myself now. She should know all my burdens in life. My feelings. My everything.

I am hurt too. She should know about it. If she can't treat me the way I deserved to be treated, she should have been abandoned me for a long time. Why is she keeping me? Because she's hiding me from someone? From whom?

Mayhaps the Mercalesia family.

All the negativities on her face faded.

"You don't care about me, right? Why don't you just throw me away? Everyday... every night... every second, every minute, every moment of my life, I keep on thinking about our relationship. Am I really your daughter Nana? Because as far as I know, mothers take good care of their children. And with your case? You are not. Do you see me as your daughter, Nana? Am I really one of your kind? I'm tired Nana! I almost lost myself! I almost lost my mind! I expected that you will treat me better than anyone else. But you didn't! I WAS WRONG! Well in fact, the Mercalesias treat me like one of their kinds. They made me feel like I belonged to them."

I just bursted everything out. I want her to know what hell she made my life is.

"Want to know the answers of your questions?" She asked with a challenge.

I lifted my chin, trying to be strong.

"Yes. You're not my child."

You're not my child.

You're not my child.

You're not my child.

My world just fell apart. I couldn't react nor move a bit. My mind went blank.

Questions came into my mind.

If I'm not her child, who are my real parents? Who am I?

"See? You just met your real parents, darling." A playful smile showed up.

"Who?" I squinted, knotting my brows together.

"You don't know it? It's for you to find out." She smirked then left me all alone.

I'm still blank at this moment. Can't think straight.

My wobbling feet surrendered. I slumped onto the ground.

Who am I? Who are my real parents? Why did she keep it for my entire life? What did my parents do worst towards her? Did they make her life a miserable one?

I pulled out my phone and dialed Cauli's number. I need him right now. He's the only one I can lean on.

"Hello Cauli?" I cried the moment he answered my call.

My heart's sinking. I don't know what to do. I can't understand what's going on here.

"What happened? Are you crying?" His voice made me cry more. Oh no! This human just hit my weakest point.

"Please. Please take me to your home. I need you right now. Please." I asked desperately.

"Sure my love. Wait me up, alright? I'll be there in fifteen minutes."

I cut off the other line without any word.

I held my cheeks. Damn. Still painful.

I thought questions will be vanished when I speak out my mind. But, I am totally wrong. It's just multiplied by ten. Now, I have more questions in my mind.

Who am I?

Where did I come from?

Who are my real family?

Is it the reason why Nana didn't treat me right? That she can't even show any love and affection towards me?

Was it the reason why she made my life a hell one? I almost lost myself. I almost gave up with my life.

After fifteen minutes, I heard a horn of a car. I immediately darted my eyes to it.

He went outside and ran towards me.

"Damn it! Why are you crying? Why are you here?" He showered me with his questions.

He held my shoulders. I broke down immediately.

"Cauli...." I cried on his arms.

"Shsh. Let's go home. Let's talk about it later, alright?"

I nodded as my response.

I looked at him. This man is perfectly gorgeous. Can't help from staring at him.

His forehead creased, scanning my face. I flame was seen on his eyes.

"What happened to your cheeks? Did your Nana hurt you?"

"Let's talk about it later. I-I just want to stay away from here."

He slowly nodded.

He helped me to get up and led our way to his car. The moment we settled ourselves inside his car, we drove away. I watched our little house as it slowly turned into smaller one until I can no longer see it.

When we finally arrived to his house, we went inside. He gave me a glass of water and tried to comfort me.

"I'm not her child." I said suddenly, looking at nowhere.

I'm sitting on the couch, holding a glass of water.

"What?" He lifted my jaw to level our eyes.

His crystal brown eyes are hoping.

"I'm not her child. I came from somewhere. And that somewhere? I don't know." I shrugged, don't have any idea of my real identity.

I was caught off guard when he hugged me tight. His hugs were like we haven't met for a long time. His hugs say "thank goodness! You're already here."