Chapter Fourteen

Cauli's POV

I turned on the radio to get some weather update. I am still loaded with thought, wondering why did she cry earlier? Did I hurt her emotionally? Did I say something offensive?

"Good day everyone! It would be a floody afternoon. According to the forecast, there will be a heavy rain due to front. Please take care!"

"The weather isn't good." I said. It's perfect for the two of us. We will be alone in my unit.

"Yeah. And... there will be a flood."

After that, the heavy rain started to rage. I stopped my car because I ca no longer see a thing.

"Shit!" I exclaimed and took some glance from my phone. Actually I'm happy right now. My system wants to celebrate. We are stuck in the middle of the road.

"Why?" I heard her asking in worried tone.

"We can't go back. They are all stranded. Our remaining choice..." I inhaled deeply. So this is it, Cauli. You'll be alone with Gorgina. "... is to drive home."

"What? I don't understand." I glanced at her who's brows are furrowed.

"You have no choice but to with me. We will stay in my condo 'till the rain stops. I will prepare some clothes for you. You don't have to worry. We won't be alone. Yayas are there." I remember I have maids. But no worries. I'm not going to rape her. I just want to spend times with her alone.

"O...kay."!

I stopped my car at the parking lot. Rains are still heavy. I can see some lightnings here.

I remember Emerald having this fear of thunderstorm. She looks so cute whenever she's horrified. She clungs her arms around me. In return, I hugged her, making her feel like she's safe with me.

"Oh my god!" She exclaimed when lightnings struck and covered her face. I am starting to panick. Is she okay?

"Hey! You okay? What's wrong? You alright?" I held his hands that are covering her face. I heard some cry that made me panick more.

"Hey!" I wa just staring at her. I don't know how to act or to comfort her. Is she okay?

She slowly removed her hands so I could see her face. She's really scared. Mixed emotions are written on her face. I gaped at her.

I was caught off guard when he hugged me tight. Like scared of losing me. Is it true? I don't want to assume but for her, I wanna bet.

"Tell me what's wrong baby. I'm willing to listen." I said in soft voice.

She losen up and shifted her eyes at me. I don't know but I can see fire on it. Did I say something wrong?

She bit her lower lip, making me lost with it. I was immediately got into my mind when heard her screaming once again.

"Aaaaaaah." She covered her face again. I abruptly hugged her tight. I wanna burst out a laugh. She reminds me of Emerald. Where is she now?

"Cauli?" She whispered.

I rested my chin on her shoulder while my arms are covering her shivering body.

"Hmm?"

"How do you do it? Like... your presence makes me tremble. How could you make me feel so comfortable with your warm hugs? Like... everything that keeps ranging on will soon end. How did you persuade yourself to stay with me or be as my friend? Aren't you afraid? Like... they will hate you for being my friend? Aren't you afraid-"

"There's nothing to be afraid of." I said, cutting her off. "You don't have to worry about everything..."

I losen up. She removed her hands to see and face me.