Chapter Twenty-Four

Gorgina's POV

"Let's go?"

I nodded while smiling.

"I never thought of this. Like, knowing you two are my real parents. I never thought of this, I swear." I said in half smiling, half laughing.

"I'm so happy for you, Gorgina." Cauli butted in.

"Thank you." I smiled. I'm so thankful for him. He's the reason why I'm finally back with my family.

"My child..." father caressed my cheeks. "Please, let us call you Eme, Emerald, Sofia, Soffy or whatever related to your real name."

My smiles faded. I'm used to be called Gorgina.

Not in all times Nana's vicious towards me. There was time when it was my very first time to experience menstruation, she was there to help me. She gave me few advices of what I'm going to do before, during and after having it. She was sometimes good, caring, and a loving mother. I remember when I was so young, I got wounds because of knife I played. At first, she scolded me for being mindless. But, in the end, she was my nurse.

I know she was once my mother, she once treated me as her own child. But because she barely does it and she's always heartless to me, it feels like she never was my mother.

"I'll think of it dad. I am used to be called Gorgina. Hope you understand." I looked down.

"Yes, my dear. We will wait 'till you're ready." I looked up again. They all smiled at me.

I took a glance from Cauli. He's wearing his sweetest smile. Dimples are showing off and crinkles form beside his eyes. I can see the freckles on his bridge and it's really attractive.

"Let's go, honey." Mom said before looking at Cauli. "Thank you so much Cauli. Without you, maybe we're still lonely."

He just smiled.

"No worries, Aunt. Anything for her."

Dad tapped his shoulder.

"Thank you for being reliable. Sooner or later, you're ready in having your own family."

He smiled and nodded.

"Let's go." Mom led our way.

Before following them, I faced Cauli. I wanna thank him for everything. I wanna thank him for being such a good friend. Now, I can truly say, he's worth trusting for.

"Goodbye Cauli. Thank you so much, my love." I said.

His eyes widened. I slowly drew my face to him.

My lips were pushed against his. I closed my eyes while his were still wide open. Few seconds passed, I slowly parted my lips from him. I smiled and chuckled.

"I love you so much Cauli... 'till next time." I smiled again before facing my back to him and walked towards my parents.